“Great place to stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the hotel recently and had a wonderful experience. I loved the location and the close proximity to so many shops and restaurants. The view from the patio is beautiful and staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. During our stay we talked with some extended stay guests who said the staff treat them like family and I felt the same way.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GenMgr_Brian, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

There are many good attributes to the hotel and surrounding area but by far the best feature of the hotel is the staff, they truly make it a great place to visit. Southern Hospitality at it's finest!

Thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We recently got married at the Hilton and I must say it was a great experience. Although everything did not turn out perfectly the staff went above and beyond to ensure we had a great Wedding Day. They provided us with extra cots for our guests and even brought the wedding decor that we left in the ballroom up to our room. The catering coordinator, Natalie was with me every step of the way and even positioned my dress before my walk down the aisle. One staff member even came to the rescue by using the hotel's potted plants to secure our Ceremony Arch, It was sooo windy. I was never told no or that someone couldn't accommodate us. Besides the service, my favorite part about my stay was the food. Everything I ate was perfect. The only thing I would change would be to include a free breakfast for guest!

Room Tip: Rooms with a waterfront room are best. and the suites on the end are very roomy!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Congratulations and we were honored to be a part of your important day. It was windy but everything turned out great. Thank you for your wonderful comments about the staff and food, we take a lot of pride in both.

All the best!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel about a month ago while visiting my wife's daughter and the grandchild. The staff was unbelievable! Catered to our every need. We got to enjoy the breakfast buffet with omelets, french toast, coffee, juice, and everything else. Not sure who enjoyed it more-us or the grandkids! The pool was lovely too! We have stayed at other Suffolk hotels and none compare to this.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GenMgr_Brian, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience! It is always great to hear about the wonderful staff and I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were to stay after my sister's wedding. She reserved 11 rooms months ago and only 2 were on the same floor. I was quoted a military rate but then charged full price at checkout. This was a difference of $40. We were to have extra chairs and a table on the balcony so my family (not more than 10) people could visit. This was not done nor would they do it after we called the front desk. My sister specifically picked that location because of the balcony and full living room/ visit area. It was upsetting to say the least.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I apologize for the experience described in the review. Our goal is to honor every request and make a pleasant stay for each guest. I hope that in the future, you would give us the opportunity to show the excellent service we can provide.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our stay was fantastic. The staff was maginificant. The Hilton is clean, beautiful, excellent maintained grounds, near good eateries, grocery store, shopping center and exercise room. Breakfast was delicious, buffet with made to order eggs, waffles and pancakes, fresh fruit, dry ceral, milk, juice and coffee. We always enjoy our stay. We visit once or twice a year. There were six of us.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am glad to hear about your fantastic stay with us! Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The handi cap room was not at the level expected of most hotels. We were very disappointed. My 94 /o grandmother was unable to use the restroom alone or bathe safely. We were promised a roll in shower and got a tub. The toilet was too low and she required help from her wheel chair to use the restroom. It was not until we stayed at the hotel that we discovered the Queen room did not come with a roll in shower. I went in person to secure this reservation and it was done improperly. I will not use this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I certainly understand how inconvenient it is not to have the proper room type to fit your needs and sincerely apologize that we were not able to fulfill your request. I did some research and found that the room type you requested was occupied by other guests and it appears that we should have been more proactive in making adjustments to your accommodations prior to your arrival.

The honest feedback is important to us as we continually work on providing the best service and want each guest to know they can count on us for a comfortable stay.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Upon arrival I called to verify the room I wanted was available, I arrived I was greeted by a nice looking african American woman..very easy on the eyes! I checked in only to find a roach hiding in the bathroom. I called the front desk the gentleman came up and had a fly swatter and a trash bag to kill the roach. .and expected us to stay in the room.. REALLY?? I asked for another room, it was handicap but aye it was a room. I wasnt impressed with the rooms, location, or the fact that that hotel has been roach infested per the front desk agent... (they had a lot of problems with roaches)..I dont live with roaches.. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
GenMgr_Brian, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this opportunity to me as this feedback is taken seriously and I will follow up with our pest control company to prevent this in the future. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
#1 of 12 in Suffolk
Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake
Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake Square Mall

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront? Share your experiences!