“A night on the riverfront....”

Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
GreenLeadersSilver level
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
“A night on the riverfront....”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight due to it being in close proximity of a funeral lthat I had to attend the next day. Check in was fast and efficient. The grounds of the hotel are nice although it is across from a cemetary!! The accomadations were good, the bed was comfy. I requested a room with a riverfront view and to me the view was of a pond with a small dock! Not what I was expecting when I saw the pictures displayed on hotel website. The walls are paper thin, the adjoining room had kids in it and a baby and they were loud for a better part of the night!!! The best part about the hotel was the food!!! the restaurant is located in the lobby and they provide room service and I was impressed!! My ribeye was cooked perfectly and the sides and bread were more than enough. Breakfast in the am consisted of a homeade blueberry belgian waffle wihich was to die for and eggs and bacon. All food was reasonably priced. Overall I would stay here again, hopefully under different circumstances and hopefully not be in a room with loud kids!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gabriel S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel the same weekend for the past 5 years and there has been a huge decline compared to past years. We booked 3 rooms over a month ahead of time but they were on separate ends of the hall and on different floors. There were holes in the shower curtain in our room and the sheets felt like sandpaper. We did complain and our rates were reduced to compensate.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Fourkerr
GenMgr_Brian, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We want you to know that we appreciate your business and loyalty over the years, and we will make the necessary corrections for you and our future guest as well. We hope you to see you again soon. Thank you for your comments.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Hilton chain has been good, but this one was outstanding! ALL the staff went out of their way to make this stay so great. They left us and our guests speechless. From the first night that we checked in until the day we checked out the staff made this visit the best! We had our Thanksgiving meal, our daughters reception, and breakfast with the hotel and wow! The food was seasoned well, nicely plated, and dare I say food network worthy! And who can forget the staff that truly made this stay so unforgettable with a smile or “let me help you” . On check out we asked for staff members names because each one made our stay just a little bit better and we could not remember every name so let us say ALL staff members present made our staff great! Great staff, great view, beautiful rooms, great food, and a great value; what more could you ask for in a hotel...

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank R S W
Philadelphia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The biggest surprise about this hotel is the location. Within a short walk is everything you could need. Across the street is a 24 hour Rite Aid, McDonalds, Wendys and other restaurants. Towards town is the Riddick's Folly Musuem, the Seaboard Railroad Museum, the Visitors Center and more. What a great location.

And yes it has a river view. The hotel is new built to look like a old southern style building. Inside are large rooms with good beds and nice bathrooms. The lobby has plenty of space for gathering. The bar is very small, only adequate. The hotel restaurant average. The meeting facility is extremely flexible and can hold all types of events.

Room Tip: Park in the side lot near the river and use the end door to access the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Railhistoryfan
Milton, Vermont, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront Hotel for three days in November of 2012. My first and lasting impression was about their fantastic customer service. From the front desk to the restaurant, everyone I encountered was pleasant, cheerful and warm. The rooms were a good size and provided work space at the desk, a microwave oven and a small in-room fridge, perfect for left-overs and snack on a longer stay. The parking is free and the drive was about 20 minutes to all larger cities in every direction. I has a nice room on the third floor with a view of the riverfront.

I received complementary breakfast coupons for all three days and ate at their on-site restaurant. The service was great! Our waitstaff even got our toast despite it being a serve-yourself buffet!

Overall, it's a great value and a great space. I would stay their again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GenMgr_Brian, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! The hotel is beautiful, has great views and is conveniently located but by far the best quality is the staff. It is always wonderful hear when someone experiences our warm "Southern Hospitality".

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you visit again soon.
Virginia
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was informed that there would be an early check in however upon arrival I was told differently. This was what everyone in my group was informed. Once entering my room I was given a double bed room instead of the reserved King bed. I called the front desk, to be told that there were not any rooms left. Problems in the room: heater in room not working, iron only could be used in one direction (rough bottom) and luke warm water for a shower in the morning. We were suppose to get vouchers for food but they couldn't locate them. In the morning I went to eat breakfast and the servers didn't know how to deal with the vouchers. It took me longer to get my check then eat. The staff had trouble understanding how process things at government rates. When a problem came up there was an excuse not a fix nor a reason given for all of the concerns.
On the plus side the facility was clean and newer. The food was adequate. Free parking but not ever close to entrance. Wi fi free. Nice view and easy to find.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I sincerely appreciate your comments and apologize for the service issues that were encountered during your stay. Although it is disappointing to hear of service problems, we will certainly take your comments constructively and work to prevent future occurrences.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to providing better service during your next visit.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The front desk was very helpful. Room very clean. Nice view. Traveling alone felt safe. Small pool. Free parking. Bed comfortable. Large bathroom. Not to bad of a drive to Norfolk International Airport. There were a couple of family reunions going on.

Room Tip: Stay on main level if traveling alone.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
GenMgr_Brian, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to having as our guest again in the future.

Thank you very much for staying with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
#1 of 12 in Suffolk
Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake
Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake Square Mall

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront? Share your experiences!