“Something to check out!”

Planters Peanut Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Suffolk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We are located in the "Downtown Historical district" in a red brick structure that was built in 1897.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Well while visiting the Virginia Beach area the Planters Peanut Center in Suffolk is a great place to check out have some fresh peanuts and make some memories! As you walk in you feel welcome from the start! I am very new to the area so this isn't something that we have done for many years but it would be something that I would like to start! We are military so any way that we can make memories we do it! But at least this one will not be please don't make me go today but full of high fives from beginning to end! Great atmosphere!

2  Thank Lorabear98

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have been customers for over 20 years. When you drive down W. Washington St. and get a whiff of the fresh roasted peanuts - you just gotta stop! I think the roaster must be vented out to the sidewalk! You can buy a pound of freshly roasted peanuts in the shell salted or unsalted to take to your favorite baseball game. They ship, too! They have lots of other peanut treats and other nut varieties. We were such regulars when my kids were little that the owner gave my two boys their very own pair of "Mr. Peanut" tube socks. Customer service is the best and I just love how they weigh out the nuts in the old fashioned scale. My kids always called it the "Penny-utt" store with the nice Peanut man. Now his daughter runs it and she is just as sweet!

1  Thank Kathy O
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Suffolk Peanut Store is unique! First, you are assaulted by the wonderful aroma of roasting peanuts as you get within a block or so of the store. This delicious enticement is from the antique roaster in the front room of the store that spills its breath through a tube and into your nose. This draws you in the store to find Faye & Bobby and their employees cheerfully waiting to tempt you with all their goodies...Fresh roasted nuts of many varieties. Some even double-coated with chocolate! Irresistible!! They give you samples, then prepare your order using actual mechanical scales (no electronics!!) and add the cost of your purchase using (gasp!) a pencil and their brain! They teach their young employees not only the proper way of taking care of the customer, but also how to measure, add, package, and deliver with a smile! Don't miss it!!

1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The "Peanut Store" as my children have called it for years is a wonderful place to visit in Suffolk. Not only do you have wonderful owners and employees who take care of you and treat you like family, but you get to enjoy delicious peanut treats of all kinds ! It's been a wonderful tradition to visit on Saturdays since my children were very little and Suffolk is very fortunate to have this "gem" downtown. Don't miss it !

1  Thank FHunter

Been to Planters Peanut Center? Share your experiences!