“Don't waste your time”

George's Steak House
Ranked #15 of 165 Restaurants in Suffolk
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We tried George's recently. It has been voted one of the best in Suffolk. I'm not sure how unless it's only locals voting who don't know about any thing outside the immediate area. The food was bland at best, and very mediocre. I would say the food was not worth the time it took me to eat it, much less having to pay for it. Portions were on the large side, but who cares if the food just is not that good. It's the first time I ever sent back a side item, the the batter on the onion rings was moist and soggy with undercooked slimy onions underneath. If you enjoy good food, something better than what you would make for yourself at home, don't go here. We won't be back.

2  Thank powelltm

Reviewed August 21, 2010

This is honestly the best place to go in Suffolk. They have been there for years. You could not ask for better food. Yes, it might not be as fancy as some of the other new restaurants in downtown suffolk, but atleast its worth the price. Its Reasonable and the quantity of the food is over whelming. They are a family restaurant where you can go there 2 or 3 times a week and still spend less then you would most other places. Service is good and I can not say enough about one of the owners son. I believe he is the older one of the kids. He is the future of that place. He makes our visits to the restaurant pleasant and comfortable. He makes us feel right at home and actually cares about his customers. Overall go try this place. You can not go wrong when you go to George's.

1  Thank iloveit1956
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I went into this place for lunch one day and right off the bat I was taken back to my childhood. Dry, tasteless, bland.
When i go to a restaurant I expect The entire facility to realize i came out to dinner So i would not have to wait be served.
Slow service, bad prices, bad food, depressing atmosphere.

2  Thank connoisseur101
Reviewed August 11, 2010

HORRIBLE! The food is majorly overpriced and the portions are very small. I'm a fit person and although I rarely complain about portion size due to the fact that it doesn't take much to fill me up, the portions here are a joke. Sorry excuse for a steakhouse, very poor quality meat. The steaks are obviously frozen quality, nothing fresh about them whatsover.
The price of the entrees are terribly overpriced, prices are what you would expect to see in a fine dining restaurant, where the food actually measures up. Sadly, the food here does not measure up whatsoever. The side items are of poor quality as well...bland and subpar. Save your money and go to a real steakhouse. This place is very much a rip-off...check it out and I'm sure you will see that I hit the nail on the head. HUGE letdown and I would never visit there again. I am not a picky person, but this place is nothing short of a huge joke. Staff has zero personality and no custmer service skills, I would not hesitate to say that it could not possibly get any worse. Really does not even deserve one star. Good quality is poor, Value is horrific, atmosphere is old, dingy and depressing and service is far below even average.

5  Thank Wicked1nVA
Reviewed July 31, 2010

George's was founded in 1978 and I don't think it left that time zone. If you're looking for a decent $15 steak with baked potato and salad included, this is your place. This is local place that is popular with the budget traveler, families or just people who want a good deal. It is not fancy, it is not romantic, and for a steak house it reminds me of the "we have both kinds of music; country and western" in that they only have three steaks on the menu, a regular, larger and very large versions of Delmonico. It is boneless, with a good amount of fat for flavor. If you don't want to go to Applebee's or some other generic chain and want a locally owned place, this is your place. Very good service and good value.