“I went into this place for lunch one day...”

George's Steak House
Ranked #12 of 146 Restaurants in Suffolk
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“I went into this place for lunch one day...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

I went into this place for lunch one day and right off the bat I was taken back to my childhood. Dry, tasteless, bland.
When i go to a restaurant I expect The entire facility to realize i came out to dinner So i would not have to wait be served.
Slow service, bad prices, bad food, depressing atmosphere.

2 Thank connoisseur101

Suffolk, Virginia
“HORRIBLE JOKE OF A STEAK HOUSE.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

HORRIBLE! The food is majorly overpriced and the portions are very small. I'm a fit person and although I rarely complain about portion size due to the fact that it doesn't take much to fill me up, the portions here are a joke. Sorry excuse for a steakhouse, very poor quality meat. The steaks are obviously frozen quality, nothing fresh about them whatsover.
The price of the entrees are terribly overpriced, prices are what you would expect to see in a fine dining restaurant, where the food actually measures up. Sadly, the food here does not measure up whatsoever. The side items are of poor quality as well...bland and subpar. Save your money and go to a real steakhouse. This place is very much a rip-off...check it out and I'm sure you will see that I hit the nail on the head. HUGE letdown and I would never visit there again. I am not a picky person, but this place is nothing short of a huge joke. Staff has zero personality and no custmer service skills, I would not hesitate to say that it could not possibly get any worse. Really does not even deserve one star. Good quality is poor, Value is horrific, atmosphere is old, dingy and depressing and service is far below even average.

5 Thank Wicked1nVA
Atlanta
“A trip back in time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

George's was founded in 1978 and I don't think it left that time zone. If you're looking for a decent $15 steak with baked potato and salad included, this is your place. This is local place that is popular with the budget traveler, families or just people who want a good deal. It is not fancy, it is not romantic, and for a steak house it reminds me of the "we have both kinds of music; country and western" in that they only have three steaks on the menu, a regular, larger and very large versions of Delmonico. It is boneless, with a good amount of fat for flavor. If you don't want to go to Applebee's or some other generic chain and want a locally owned place, this is your place. Very good service and good value.

Chesapeake Va
“mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2009

If mediocre is what you crave then this is the place for you! Oh yes, did I mention overpriced mediocre?

2 Thank pleasantlysurprised6
Gatesville, North Carolina
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

This is a small family owned restaurant that is kind of off the beaten path of Suffolk. The wait staff is friendly and helpful the multiple times I have eaten there. I always have great food... and the steaks are melt in your mouth tender. If your in the Suffolk area and looking for a good dinner place for you, friends, and family... I would suggest George's to everyone!

2 Thank Toolride