“Very nice restaurant”

George's Steak House
Ranked #13 of 149 Restaurants in Suffolk
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Have been to George's several times this year as they are local. They have really good food, good service, and it is a good family type restaurant.

1  Thank Richard D

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife really liked the pasta. Son enjoyed his cheeseburger and my cordon blue special sandwich was okay. I wish it had grilled chicken instead of fried.

We were on our way to VA beach and stopped here for quick lunch. It was good service.

1  Thank CaryDesi
Reviewed April 25, 2014

One of the wine queen's co-workers recommended Georges. We went on a Friday night. The parking lot was almost full. I expected a wait, but they still had a few tables. We were seated immediately. I may have been one of the youngest people there, and that's not saying a lot. But older folks know where to get a bargain when dining out, so I'm not surprised to see so many there around 6:00 PM on a Friday.

We both ordered the 8 oz Delmonico, cooked medium. My reasoning is that a steak house will under cook a steak whereas another restaurant will over cook. Georges nailed it. It was what I'd term between medium and medium rare ... just what I really wanted ... not what many consider medium. The steak tasted great as was. I added some salt and pepper just to provide a bit more zing.

The meal came with bread ... good bread ... and a soup or salad ... we chose the salad. I asked for extra dressing, and the waitress did not disappoint. Seems to me that the meal also included two sides, but if so, I can only recall one of them that I chose. Fries. They were a bit bigger than shoestring. I'd prefer steak fries with a steak. Decent, but nothing to write home about.

We both had wine, of course. The wine at George's was reasonably priced. Don't expect a wide selection, however.

An older (imagine that!) couple seated near us ordered dessert. He got a generous dish of ice cream. She ordered the strawberry shortcake. As I recall, the price was about $5 or $6. It was huge! I mean huge! They absolutely enjoyed it. We almost joined them! Ha Ha!

All in all, it was a pleasant dining experience, and we will return again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Great place for Meat and potatoes...the Greek hamburger steak with cheese and fried onions rocks. Also love the pasta, spaghetti and meatballs...yum.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

You can never go wrong by getting the George's special, a good piece of rib-eye cooked
the way you want. The sweat Tea is always fresh. The waitresses are polite and are always
willing to help. I can't get enough.