“Great food!!”
Review of The Egg Bistro

The Egg Bistro
Ranked #7 of 146 Restaurants in Suffolk
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are an independently owned neighborhood bistro that provides fresh, innovative food in a hip, family environment. Everyone on our staff is wholeheartedly committed to providing the best food and service possible. Visitors delight in a variety of menu items from breakfast favorites, salads, sandwiches to burgers. We are open Wednesday thru Saturday nights during the week. You can find us located off of Kempsville Road near Greenbrier Parkway in Chesapeake or in Harbour View section of Suffolk.
NC
“Great food!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We visited the Egg Bistro because I had a Restaurant.com credit to use. We all agreed that this was one of the BEST restaurant.com places we've visited!

The customer service, professionalism, atmosphere, and food were great!! The restaurant was packed, with a slight wait. We only had to wait 10 minutes, and we did not have to wait at all for our server to arrive.

Everything we ordered was delicious and well prepared. Tasted very hot and fresh. Even my picky eater was satisfied! We will definitely dine here again when visiting Suffolf.

Visited May 2013

“When in Rome”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I'm an outta-town-er and so I went for a southern dish- Biscuts and gravy with a side of Grits with cheddar cheese--why not? I'm from California. It was sooooooo gooood! The country gravy with the sausage and my eggs over mediYUM! I tell you my plate was a monster size and I couldn't finish it---but it was soooooooo goooood. I don't seem to like grits, but I stepped outta my box and gave it a shot.

Smithfield, Virginia
“Good food, somewhat pricey breakfast”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have gone to this restaurant twice so far. The special pasta night was good. Several types of pasta (large bowls) to select from and as much as you want. Beer good $3.50. Sat outside near setup bar that was setup AFTER we were seated at the table. Okay but not crazy about people going to the bar using our dinner table to set their drinks. They need to have the bar or wine sample area separated from the dining area. Too crowded and felt like people were standing on top of us and no privacy. Nice outside area with umbrellas though. Inside is a bar and several dining areas. Tastefully decorated, modern. You can sit at bar and watch them prepare food also. Busy but good service.
Second time there had breakfast. Beware, for specials and those prices need to be before 8:00 AM. If you go after that time you get the same meal for about $3.00 more. Food good but pricey. We both got 2 pancakes (very good), two sausage links (very good), two eggs (cooked to perfection) and coffee. Our meal with 20% tip was $25.00. Pricey for a breakfast even though food was good and service was good. Would think about it again before going for that price for breakfast. Would sit inside for pasta night for privacy issue.

Hampton, Virginia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had a late lunch with my family this past weekend. Menu looked great but the results were far from it. My turkey reuben was lacking something. I think it was turkey. Cole slaw was bitter and fries were lukewarm. Only bright spot was our very pleasant waitress, who was very efficient and had a nice personality. Don't think I'll be going back.

1 Thank Bob C
Virginia
“Good food, badly organized”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The food is great, but it's slow to come out (for the type of cuisine), and could cost less. The only good deals are really early in the morning. As far as atmosphere, it's awfully dark in there for being a breakfast place.

I was here two days in a row. The server you get really makes a difference.

First time, the waitresses were congregated in the drink alcove and there was no host to set us; despite the "please wait to be seated" sign. The person who waited on us didn't seem to care about the customer, exemplified by her lack of attention to our drinks, and we waited a rather long time to get our checks back after the meal.

Second time, different waitress, the experience was much improved. She juggled my friends and I's orders (10 of us) with minimal error. The food still came out slowly, but the server was friendly, efficient, and she seemed to actually care.

So, overall good, but consistency in service is lacking.

1 Thank Honeybee687