“The BEST Donuts!!”

O'DoodleDoo's Donuts
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Suffolk
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fresh made donuts. Not a chain. Cute exterior of building. Open 5a-2p! Get here early before the donuts sell out!
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love this place!! I have to drive almost 20 minutes, but it worth it. The donuts far superior to that of the well known franchise brands. They have so many gourmet flavors, they change the menu everyday. My favorite is the Red Velvet and the Blueberry Pancakes and Bacon. Service is great, the people that work there always have a smile on their faces.

rluecke, Owner at O'DoodleDoo's Donuts, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We think we have the best donuts as well! We hope we bring a smile to your face when you visit to make that trip worthwhile! We're here for you everyday! Please come back for more tasty donuts!

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy taking my son here on the weekends for a treat to fun doughnuts. I have also picked up a couple dozen for my colleagues and they were a BIG hit! A few of my personal favorites are blueberry/maple bacon, red velvet and peanut butter chocolate just to name a few. Good doughnuts at a descent price.

We are so glad you took time to write a review about our donut shop! We are most excited that you love our donuts and have had fun sharing them with others! That's exactly what we want-eat donuts, smile, be happy! Come see us again!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I tried O'Doodle Doo's doughnuts after it had been open for a few months. We wanted to give them a little time to get settled in and to hit their stride.
She bought a dozen and brought them home, and I was eager to taste the latest local "donut" shop's creations.
We ordered a mixed dozen, which included a red velvet, a cake, a glazed, a chocolate and a few others.
Overall, we found the doughnuts well made and tasting good. Trouble is, they weren't as good as I thought they would be. This is not to say they tasted bad by any means, but a couple of them seemed to be lacking something. In some respects, the red velvet lacked sweetness and moistness. I'd have to say the same for most of the varieties we tried.
I asked my wife how much the dozen cost and about fell off my chair when she told me it was close to $11. Wow.
Sorry to say, these are not $11 doughnuts. After sampling Ringo's in Smithfield, there's no comparison.
I did check out O'Doodle Doo's website and facebook page. It seems that they change the menu constantly, almost daily, so if you have your heart set on a particular flavor, be prepared to be disappointed on any given day as it may not be available. Also, go early! They have no set closing time and it's based on when their supply runs out, unlike most other doughnut shops which have established business hours.
So in a nutshell, decent doughnuts, sometimes the flavor choices are too complicated or fancy...even odd. Just overpriced for the quality.

4  Thank DaveL73
rluecke, Owner at O'DoodleDoo's Donuts, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dave,

So sorry to read your disappointing review. The items you mention are the very things that make us different than any other local donut shop;
1. Our flavors rotate daily, we post what we cook on Facebook and our website, or just stop in, there are so many flavors, there is sure to be something for everyone!
2. Our donuts are hand made, hand decorated, hand painted, our food is fun art and it costs more than a simple glazed or chocolate iced donut that you find at other donut shops and the grocery store.
3. We do have regular hours, we open at 5am everyday and stay open till 2pm or whenever the donuts sell out, but we keep cooking and when the line dies down, we stop cooking so we can sell everything by 2pm. But we suggest coming before 12pm or your favorite flavor may be sold out!
4. We don't compete with Ringo's in your hometown of Smithfield. We make an entirely different product so the comparison on price and product will never be the same. We allow Ringo's to have their niche and us ours, that's what allows two local donut shops to exist.
5. Our flavors are fun, funky, and different. We offer 200+ varieties. If you are used to just plain old glazed, sprinkled, or powdered donuts, this is not the place for you. It may just seem too complicated and fancy. But if you want to smile, expand your tastebuds, and experience your food, then our little hole in the wall will excite you!

But we are still local people, just like you Dave. We support all our local businesses in any manner we can and would never say a negative word about any. You may be familiar with "that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another's..." The hardest part about owning your own business is that you have to have a thick skin and know that you cannot please everyone. But we sure try!

And I am not located in some corporate office somewhere, I am not found on the internet, I am there at the donut shop, a real person, a working owner, and I am available everyday for friendly conversation or constructive criticism. You just have to know me by name...and I'll be glad to fix any product you are not satisfied with or answer any question you do not understand about our flavors or operating hours.

Reeva Luecke
Owner, manager, cook, mother, wife, sister, decorator, dishwasher, local business owner, janitor, public relations officer, marketing director, ceo, etc.......

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I like their donuts alright. My wife does not. I want this place to succeed; I just wish it was better. It's a great place to stop on your way to work [as if this place is ON your way to work : ) !] to pick up treats for your co-workers because they open at 5:30 seven days a week. I wish that they had more fruit-filled donuts for some variety because, in my opinion, all the variety of donuts are pretty much the same cake donut recipe, piled up with cream, with different fancy decorations. Their coffee has never been that good on any of my stops. I'm passing on it from now on.

rluecke, Owner at O'DoodleDoo's Donuts, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear DocChesapeake,

Thanks for taking time to post a review in regards to your visit. I am sorry to hear we are not at the top of your list for yummy donuts. We do make at least two varieties of fruit donuts daily and rotate thru our fillings; strawberry, apple, peach, pineapple, black raspberry, cherry, mango, lime, lemon, and blueberry. All of our donuts are cake donuts and we make at least 15 varieties daily to include; maple, cinnamon, chocolate, vanilla, powdered, glazed, nuts, coconut, caramel, fruit, creams, and more! We hope you change your mind and visit us in the future. We have so much fun making our donuts and visiting with our guests and we hope you will be one of them!

Thank you again!

Reeva Luecke
Owner, manager, dishwasher, waiter, cook, decorator, toilet cleaner, local business owner

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Never had a donut I didn't like! My favorite is still the red velvet but they have all been good. Service is always friendly and efficient. Very creative and artistic. The Mickey Mouse shaped donut is on my list to try. They change the offerings on a daily basis so you are advised to like them on Facebook to get daily flavor updates. The earlier you go the better your selection.
Very limited on places to sit inside. A picnic table or two outside.

rluecke, Owner at O'DoodleDoo's Donuts, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for a great review! And we love you too! Because we love when people get excited and enjoy our donuts! Hope to see you soon! Thank you for sharing your donut experience!

Reeva Luecke
Manager, counter help, cook, decorator, janitor, toilet cleaner, mom, atm machine, secretary, local business owner