“Good Lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Good Lunch”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This small town restaurant is a favorite of members of my Church. I found the service good and the food was very good. My boss got the barbecue but it was tomato based and not the North Carolina style he was looking for. Another individual purchased the oyster po-boy and was pleased. Another purchased a salad and she was very pleased. It looked very good. I purchased the oyster basket and the oysters tasty and the fries crisp and hot. While as I was not as enamored with it as my Church going friends and would not travel from afar to get there. It is a good restaurant with good food and service.

• Visited September 2013

“Pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The first time I went to the Plaid Turnip, about a year ago, my husband and I were under impressed by the food, atmosphere and service. We thought we would give it one more try, and we're glad we did. Our server, Amy was a welcome sight as we knew her from the now closed Plaid Turnip. She was attentive and remembered some of our preferences. We started with drinks, both well made. We had the mahi mahi special which was accompanied by delicious acorn squash, and the Green Tomato and Eggplant Parmesan with pasta which was a sizeable portion as well as tasty.
The only negative remark to make concerns the lighting. The spot lights are a bit intense and bright and could use to be dimmed.Otherwise it was a great experience and we will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
Beach Park, Illinois, United States
“Storefront gem”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I ate here 3 times during our stay in Suffolk, and the food was very good all 3 times. This restaurant has a mixture of food including southern style entrees as well as a variety including salads, sandwiches, and much more. The salads were very fresh! The waitress was friendly and attentive! They have great iced tea, and the most amazing cupcakes. We found out about the cupcakes when we happened to look to our right when we walked in and saw a case holding them. There are a variety of flavors mostly for chocolate lovers, but we got the one that had banana cake stuffed with strawberries and topped with strawberry frosting and a little chocolate. The flavors all melted together when we ate them. No leftovers! Ambiance is what I would describe as cozy, yet urban, eclectic, and comfortable. We are almost at the end of our trip now and this restaurant stands out as the best one so far.

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A place to have breakfast”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The place is a bit quirky. Breakfast omelets were OK but greasy. No option for egg substitute.
Service was friendly and prompt.

• Visited May 2013
Mannheim, Germany
“Odd atmosphere”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is an odd place it does not quite seem to know what it wants to be. It is a bit cavernous and echoey and you eat at tables that are more like a cafeteria so I am not sure if its a café, a diner, or a restaurant. Yhe service was friendly and prompt the soup was good the prime rib OK to average certainly not the best example of prime rib I have ever eaten. The IPA beer was tasty and refreshing. On the whole OK but not much to draw me back.

• Visited March 2013