“Great people working at this Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great people working at this Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I was in the Norfolk area for a weekend with my 6 year old to meet up with family. This hotel is within walking distance to 2 grocery stores, many restaurants and a movie theater. My daughter had the pool and hot tub to herself for hours on Saturday and although she had never been to Virginia, as she walked into this HGI she said, "I've been to this hotel before." It is definitely an identifiable HGI. Also- next to a neighborhood so lots of sidewalks for running.

• Stayed February 2013
AmyZablanGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. We have some great running trails around us with specacular views ! I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback about your stay, it really means a lot to us .

Best Regards,
Amy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
South Africa
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night while traveling down the east coast. We arrived after 11pm after being stuck in traffic for over 3 hours coming out of Washington DC. Check-in was smooth. I hopped right into bed as I was sick as a dog. By 12:30, the electrical unit outside our room was making so much noise my husband and a friend of ours could not sleep (I had earplugs ;) We requested a new room and were moved to a room two doors down and had to exchange rooms again (same problem). Then we got moved to the 4th floor. Asked if we could leave our stuff in our old room until morning since it was so late and were told we had to move everything right then which was a real pain as we had already unpacked a lot of things.
I can say that Hilton stands by its 100 percent satisfaction guaranteed though. Filed a complaint through Bookit and the hotel refunded half the price of the hotel.
If it wasnt for the inconvenience, the hotel would of been great. Rooms were clean, and beds were comfortable.
TIP: If you stay here, look out the window and see what is outside your room before you unpack. Unless you are someone who can sleep through anything ;)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AmyHGISuffolk, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience! I apologize that you were placed in rooms close to the air conditioner units as they can be a bit noisy! I’m glad we were able to get you settled into a more quite room. We always want you to enjoy your stay so we absolutely stand behind our Promise guarantee and hope to have you stay with us again in the future. Happy Holidays and thanks for staying with us!

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Although cheaper in priced and newer, I don't care for this Hilton Garden. Stayed here for 3 nights and every night, there were guests slamming doors, walking up and down the halls all hours of the night. Located on a main highway, it is a good hotel for passing through I guess. The television reception was not clear and the free wifi was incredibly slow. 3 out of 4 times, I lost connection. Not one of the best Hilton Garden hotels around. The beds were extremely uncomfortable!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience! I apologize that experienced noise from other guests during your stay. Thanks also for letting us know you experienced issues with the Cable and the Internet. Both services are provided by outside companies and we will certainly check into the issues you mentioned. Our hotel is known for the comfort of our Sleep System beds, as they can be adjusted to different comfort levels to accommodate each guest. I’m sorry you didn’t have a good night sleep in them! We appreciate the feedback and will certainly address all issues to make sure they are resolved for future stays for yourself or other future guests. Thanks again for letting us know about your experience…it’s how we make continuous improvements to the hotel.

Happy Holidays!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Very nice/helpful front desk staff. The little travel shop next to it has almost everything you forgot to bring with you. The rooms are clean and liked the scent of the shampoo and conditioner.
The breakfast was good, but did not expect to pay for it (~$10). There was a free option, but it only included bread, oatmeal, and fruit. I paid the first morning, the second morning I went right down the road, next to the movie theater, and ate at The Broken Egg (which will be my next review). I didn't mind paying for food there.

Room Tip: Military/government discount is amazing, if you can use it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience! We appreciate the kind words about the hotel and hope to have you again as our guest. We do have some great bed and breakfast deals that offer a great rate and include discounted breakfast if you decide to stay in the future. ( ps. The broken egg is great for breakfast too ... and a great option for those that like breakfast foods at any time of the day )

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel experience was wonderful. The Staff makes you feel special. The were very friendly and very accomodating. It was such a pleasant experience to see how friendly everyone was from the front desk staff to the restaurant and bar. Speaking about the restaurant, I had some of the best Salmon with mixed vegetables and Orzo that I have had in a long time. It was quite remarkable because I travel around the US and eat at many fine restaurants. Sometimes you find a diamond in the rough.

Once again, I highly recommend this location for the friendly hometown feeling of the staff and the great food right in the American Grill in the hotel. After a long day working sometimes you don't feel like going to a restaurant to sit and wait for a good meal.

From a happy Hilton Diamond Traveler

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side face the woods and you feel like you are looking out in your own backyard...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We love our Diamond Members at Hilton Garden Inn, and appreciate your feedback. It means a lot to us! Our Salmon is also one of my favorites, and a best kept secret if I do say so myself! Thanks for staying with us and for letting us know about your experience. We hope to have you again as our guest.

MONTCLAIR
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location near the former Joint Forces Command and near resturants and theater. Friendly and accomodating staff. Comfortable room and modern ammenities. However, if they did not offer bonus miles, I probably would not have eaten in the American Grill. Prices too high for the breakfast. Dinner wasn't stellar either.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We thank you for your comments. Thanks for staying with us and letting us know about your experience in the American Grill! We hope to have you again as our guest.

Minnesota
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Visiting relatives stationed in Norfolk. Great location and value - safe, quiet, nearby restaurants. Staff was nice and the rooms were clean. Offer breakfast and have a bar. Also an outdoor patio with a grill.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We thank you for your comments. Thanks for staying with us, we hope to have you again as our guest.

Safe Travels and Best Wishes,
Amy Zablan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
#1 of 12 in Suffolk
Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk
Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake Square Mall

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk? Share your experiences!