Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake(Suffolk)(Great Value!)
$80
$89
Courtyard
$66
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskmovie theatergreat hotelbusiness tripthe hotel is cleannice areaeasy accessconvenient locationthe hotel staffi highly recommend this hotelhot tubexcellent customer servicerestaurants and shoppingbreakfast buffetcookiesstaff was friendlyvirginia beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had a nice solo stay. Room was very clean and welcoming. As a hilton honors members (Silver) I was surprised to be assigned a ground floor room right by the gym/pool and I can't say that thrilled me particularly. As a solo traveller I don't like being on the ground floor right by the exit door and certainly not near high traffic areas. But, I am sure if I had complained I could have gotten another room. By the time I realized the door from the pool was opening/closing all the time and disturbing me I had already unpacked and decided it really wasn't worth the trouble. Had a drink, called it a night. If you are assigned a room near the pool/hottub, be prepared for noise. Nothing unruly, just other guests using the amenities early in the morning and late at night.

The restaurant was spectacular and I enjoyed my burger. I was given a coupon tucked into my envelope with the key card that would have given me extra points for having eaten in the restaurant. The front desk clerk made no mention of the coupon and I didn't discover it until after I had departed. That's a little disappointing.

The service in the restaurant was very good and overall, I would stay again. I liked the proximity to the interstate, other restaurants, and even a grocery store.

I used the hot tub too. The chlorine was very strong, but it was nice to have.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
AmyHGISuffolk, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thanks for staying with us! I apologize your room was so close to the high traffic area and the pool. I will forward your comments to the front desk staff to make your next stay better! Have Safe Travels.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel itself was in a great location with shops and restaurants nearby. It was in a safe and quiet area. The staff was very friendly and went out of there way to make us feel welcomed. The pool, whirlpool, and fitness center were in great condition. The room itself was extra clean and the hotel was very modern. Fresh cookies were prepared for guests daily.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

So glad you enjoyed your stay and the cookies !

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I moved to my original (and disappointing) hotel and checked this hotel on the basis of what I expect of any Hilton property, in general, and a Hilton Garden Inn, in particular. I am glad I did as my already high standards were exceeded. The reasons are as follows: spotlessly clean, new, in a quiet, new professional area (lots of restaurants, ice cream parlors, movie theater,etc. within walking distance), is in a high-end area of town (white collar office park/mixed use...think Northrup Grummon, Lockeed, Bon Secours Healthcare, physicians' offices alongside beautiful homes), easy access off of I-664, safe, nice gym inside, great running paths on sidewalks outside lining wide boulevards. I am one of the pickiest hotel guests ever -- I had no complaints as the hotel is new, spotless, and top notch. Parking is ample -- especially at the front entrance. The gym equipment is brand new. And most importantly, the customer service and personnel are outstanding, responsive, friendly and professional. That said, the younger woman working the breakfast was way below par, ambling along in a disinterested manner,l eager to run back to the kitchen whereupon we could hear her laughing and screeching with someone although she was incapable of looking actual customers in the eye -- or of refilling my coffeej even once. That said, the professionalism of every single one of the rest of the staff -- from the front desk to the gentleman checking the pool and gym equipment at 10:30 pm at night when I had a chance to use it after my meeting -- was superlative; as result I still am able to give the hotel a five star review. The utterly disinterested, unprofessional and incoherent breakfast waitress needs to go pronto, as she is not reflective of the rest of the staff. And by the way, I only had to frown in her direction when she did not appear for 30+minutes to give me my bill and/or refill my coffee for the first time, when the lovely assistant manager professionally prowling the main floor noticed and told me she would have my breakfast added to my bill so I could make my next meeting on time. Bottomline: I take 2-3+ business/pleasure trips per month every year. This place was awesome; kudos to Hilton and the local management.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thanks so much for taking the time to give such great detail about your stay. I apologize that the quality of service in the breakfast area was not up to par, and assure you it will be corrected for future stays. Your feedback helps us continue to improve! We look forward to having you as our guest again! Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a very well kept hotel with nice rooms and above average selection of facilities. Room was very comfortable and immaculately clean. The area is nice with easy access to major highway (but not to close as to be bothered by highway traffic noise). Very easy access to the Joint Coalition Warfighting center (old JFCOM). The workout room and pool areas were some of the cleanest and neatest of any hotel I have stayed in. Only downside of my stay was the hotel restaurant, it has a rather limited menu which I would not normally comment on since it is a hotel after all but in this case when getting ready to place my order was informed that three of the selections were not available, so I had to settle on what would of been my thrid choice and then 10 minutes later the waitress returned to my table to inform me that I would need to make another selection on my side dish because they were also out of rice. Good news is that there are a number of good restraurants in the immediate area to choose from. will gladly stay here again if I am in the area but will be sure to grab a meal before I check in.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for staying with us on your visit to Suffolk! I’m so sorry you had a less than excellent experience in the restaurant! I will forward your comments to our Executive Chef, as we certainly don’t ever want a guest to have to settle for a different food choice. We do have a new fall menu, and nightly specials to make for better options for you in the future. We hope to see you again for your next visit !

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel and personnel were terrific. The hotel is very clean. The hotels internet via wireless or direct hookup was not so much. I was working from the room and noticed a few times within a 2 or 3 hour period having to resign in to their network just to continue to work. There was a few times where even in yahoo mail it asked you to sign into classic mail because speeds were to slow. I only run into this at my moms house in the sticks and she is on dialup. I actually had to sign into this site 3 times just to be able to write this. In this day and age to keep the business people you definitely need to do better than this.
Nice hotel though
Back to the hampton

1  Thank Brent J

Thanks for the kind words regarding the hotel and staff! I apologize for the internet issues and assure you we are working diligently to get a new, faster fiber line run to the hotel to significantly increase the speed. The process is almost complete and should be finished in the next week or so. Hopefully we will see you again as our guest, and the internet should be much, much faster for you. Have safe travels, and thanks for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay!