“Great staff and very clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Great staff and very clean”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel itself was in a great location with shops and restaurants nearby. It was in a safe and quiet area. The staff was very friendly and went out of there way to make us feel welcomed. The pool, whirlpool, and fitness center were in great condition. The room itself was extra clean and the hotel was very modern. Fresh cookies were prepared for guests daily.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AmyHGISuffolk, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay and the cookies !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I moved to my original (and disappointing) hotel and checked this hotel on the basis of what I expect of any Hilton property, in general, and a Hilton Garden Inn, in particular. I am glad I did as my already high standards were exceeded. The reasons are as follows: spotlessly clean, new, in a quiet, new professional area (lots of restaurants, ice cream parlors, movie theater,etc. within walking distance), is in a high-end area of town (white collar office park/mixed use...think Northrup Grummon, Lockeed, Bon Secours Healthcare, physicians' offices alongside beautiful homes), easy access off of I-664, safe, nice gym inside, great running paths on sidewalks outside lining wide boulevards. I am one of the pickiest hotel guests ever -- I had no complaints as the hotel is new, spotless, and top notch. Parking is ample -- especially at the front entrance. The gym equipment is brand new. And most importantly, the customer service and personnel are outstanding, responsive, friendly and professional. That said, the younger woman working the breakfast was way below par, ambling along in a disinterested manner,l eager to run back to the kitchen whereupon we could hear her laughing and screeching with someone although she was incapable of looking actual customers in the eye -- or of refilling my coffeej even once. That said, the professionalism of every single one of the rest of the staff -- from the front desk to the gentleman checking the pool and gym equipment at 10:30 pm at night when I had a chance to use it after my meeting -- was superlative; as result I still am able to give the hotel a five star review. The utterly disinterested, unprofessional and incoherent breakfast waitress needs to go pronto, as she is not reflective of the rest of the staff. And by the way, I only had to frown in her direction when she did not appear for 30+minutes to give me my bill and/or refill my coffee for the first time, when the lovely assistant manager professionally prowling the main floor noticed and told me she would have my breakfast added to my bill so I could make my next meeting on time. Bottomline: I take 2-3+ business/pleasure trips per month every year. This place was awesome; kudos to Hilton and the local management.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to give such great detail about your stay. I apologize that the quality of service in the breakfast area was not up to par, and assure you it will be corrected for future stays. Your feedback helps us continue to improve! We look forward to having you as our guest again! Thanks again for staying with us!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a very well kept hotel with nice rooms and above average selection of facilities. Room was very comfortable and immaculately clean. The area is nice with easy access to major highway (but not to close as to be bothered by highway traffic noise). Very easy access to the Joint Coalition Warfighting center (old JFCOM). The workout room and pool areas were some of the cleanest and neatest of any hotel I have stayed in. Only downside of my stay was the hotel restaurant, it has a rather limited menu which I would not normally comment on since it is a hotel after all but in this case when getting ready to place my order was informed that three of the selections were not available, so I had to settle on what would of been my thrid choice and then 10 minutes later the waitress returned to my table to inform me that I would need to make another selection on my side dish because they were also out of rice. Good news is that there are a number of good restraurants in the immediate area to choose from. will gladly stay here again if I am in the area but will be sure to grab a meal before I check in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us on your visit to Suffolk! I’m so sorry you had a less than excellent experience in the restaurant! I will forward your comments to our Executive Chef, as we certainly don’t ever want a guest to have to settle for a different food choice. We do have a new fall menu, and nightly specials to make for better options for you in the future. We hope to see you again for your next visit !
Boston
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel and personnel were terrific. The hotel is very clean. The hotels internet via wireless or direct hookup was not so much. I was working from the room and noticed a few times within a 2 or 3 hour period having to resign in to their network just to continue to work. There was a few times where even in yahoo mail it asked you to sign into classic mail because speeds were to slow. I only run into this at my moms house in the sticks and she is on dialup. I actually had to sign into this site 3 times just to be able to write this. In this day and age to keep the business people you definitely need to do better than this.
Nice hotel though
Back to the hampton

1 Thank Brent J
Thanks for the kind words regarding the hotel and staff! I apologize for the internet issues and assure you we are working diligently to get a new, faster fiber line run to the hotel to significantly increase the speed. The process is almost complete and should be finished in the next week or so. Hopefully we will see you again as our guest, and the internet should be much, much faster for you. Have safe travels, and thanks for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay!
Evans, GA
Reviewed July 16, 2012

So here's the thing about the Hilton Garden Inn in this section of Suffolk. It's a great place...if you have a reason to be in this part of Hampton Roads. The service and attention is about what you might expect with an enhanced 3star facility--nice staff, drag your own bags, nice little restaurant, even a bar. The manner in which it wins me over??? It's just plain nice to be in and sleep in. Very clean with an upscale feel. For the price, it easily out classes hotels that are supposed to be at a higher level. I come here often because my family lives within close proximity. It kind-of gives us a "vacationy" feel when visiting home. It is a 30 second drive to a nice movie theater, 24-hour grocery store, and several decent restaurants. 3-4 more minutes of driving gets you Walmart, Kohl, Dick's Sporting Goods, more food, and a little more shopping. This hotel is a winner in my book. Definitely worth checking out.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate the comments about the hotel and the local area. There are always great new restaurants and shops coming into the area….good things to check out for future stays.
Have safe travels !
Maryland
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Spent one night here and was satisfied, despite a maintenance issue in the room. Took three calls to the front desk to get the issue addressed, and then once they came to fix it, the fix didn't actually work. That being said, the GM of the hotel was appropriately apologetic for our inconvenience.

The hotel is extremely clean. Rooms are what you would expect from a good HGI - nice desk and chair, roomy even with the two queen beds, microwave, small fridge. Staff was friendly.

Great fitness center - love the that each piece of cardio equipment has its own tv. Large whirlpool - (indoor) pool is on the smaller side.

Great location - close to the highway (but not nearly close enough that you hear any noise) and in a nice area so parking our vehicle filled with vacation gear in the parking lot did not make us nervous. Very close to lots of retail (Bed Bath & Beyond, Dick's Sporting Goods, TJ Maxx). There's a Starbucks about a minute way, and a Panera not far away.

I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
AmyHGISuffolk, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for staying with us during your trip to Suffolk I apologize for delay in response in getting the maintenance issue fixed in your room. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of yourstay, and thank you so much for the comments. !
Clemmons, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2012

From what was a horrible start and being made to feel like I didn't want to leave the room, the General Manager Amy and the Manager Stephanie really helped to turn my opinion of this hotel around. The restaurant has really odd choices making it hard to find something you like. Breakfast was good though, although confusing to order. King room was decent size, bed was comfortable. Staff was not familiar with area enough to tell me what was in the area so I just drove around looking myself. Hotel was very clean and most of staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I"m so glad we were able to be responsive to make your stay enjoyable. I hope you have safe travels !
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
#1 of 12 in Suffolk
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk
Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake Square Mall

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk? Share your experiences!