“Would stay here again....very attentive staff”
Review of Motel 6 Suffolk

Motel 6 Suffolk
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
ft myers
“Would stay here again....very attentive staff”
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Rooms recently refurbished.....very clean, comfortable. Exterior still needs some work. Location convenient for our needs...family wedding. Staff went out of their way to accommodate us. Free breakfast was very good. We were pleased with our choice. Excellent value for the rate.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
SmarksVA397, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. You will happy to know that the updates to the hotel did stop with your stay! You will need to come back and see us as we have recently put new tiles in the bathrooms! All of the staff here look forward to seeing you again hopefully in the near future! Thank you again and take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Clinton, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2008

This has been one of the poorest hotel experiences that I can remember. We came to Suffolk for a family reunion, and stayed for three days. The room is clean, the beds are comfortable (for double beds). But there are many small negatives that for us have added up. There is only one operable ice machine in the hotel, so it is a hike to get any ice. Want a bottle opener to open your beer? Go down to the front desk (another hike) and wait twenty minutes while an opener is found (well, to be fair, they *did* eventually find one). Like to read a newspaper that covers more than local Suffolk area news? Go find a bookstore. Worst of all: the continental breakfast. Even for a Quality Inn, the breakfast was mediocre. Limited choice, poor quality. Even the "hot" water was cold (I put my finger into it and it was just warm). And there was a very big, unfriendly sign (there are actually quite a few of these around the hotel) warning guests that under no circumstances was any food whatsover to be removed from the dining room.

The overall impression is that the management of this hotel is watching every single penny. The welcome, as a result, is far less than hospitable.

• Liked — Clean rooms and comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Etherege
Norwalk, CT
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I booked this hotel becuase i was traveling with a few other people on a budget. I original booked at the Best Western since it was reopening on june 15th and had been renovated. The hotel opening date was pushed back so i ended up booking at the Quality Inn. The front desk area was okay. There was a computer in the lobby and although you could tell it was an hotel motel, i felt that it was better than what i planned. I stayed in room 149. The carpet was the most disgusting carpet that i have ever been on. The room felt muggy. There were spots over the shower curtain as well. I ended up buying a can of lysol and spraying it on the rug, bathroom, bed.....everywhere. The other members of my family did not complain so I dealtt with it as best as I could and went to the walmart down the street to buy new towels. The one plus was the pool was clean. I personally would not stay at this hotel again. The AAA price was $80.99 and that was way over priced. This is more of a $50-60 dollar hotel, if that. Also when i arrived the person at the front desk said that I could pay in cash for the 3 rooms that i booked and that they would not authorize my credit card. I paid $823 in cash at check in. On Sunday morning when i returned home, i realized that they did in fact authorize my credit card for $850. I was beyond furious but by Monday afternoon everything was straightened out.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the whole room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank nikeeb
I wanted to respond to this review most of all because it is exceptionally old. I assure you, and all other guests, that these pictures are out dated and we would LOVE to have you come back and see all the wonderful changes we have made. The carpets are new, the vanities are beautiful granite, the bathroom floors are re-tiled and we pride ourselves on our wonderful, friendly and attentive staff. Please be sure to view the updated photos of our property. I look forward to seeing and hearing from you in the future! Take care!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2008

After reading the previous 2 reviews I anticipated a better stay than what I actually experienced. I see now that the two reviewers were both from that area and it's the only reviews they've ever posted. Makes you wonder. Check in was fine, very friendly.
First room I was in had some mildew in the bathroom, part of the pedestal on the table in the room was broken so it tended to wobble. Couldn't get a wi-fi signal so I called the front desk, he said he would check it and call me back. Waited 30 minutes with no call back; went to the front desk, got a key to another room a few doors down. WiFi worked well in that room so I moved in. Pretty clean except the carpet looked like it could use a good
cleaning. The secondary latch on the door was broken off, the sink drain wasn't opening so it wouldn't empty. Hot water in the shower but the control knob was very difficult to turn and the plate behind the knob was loose and just hanging on the knob. No TV problems, bed/pillows comfortable. Pretty good breakfast with usual items plus eggs and pancakes; didn't try them, looked like they had been in the warmer quite awhile. Overall, not a terrible stay but it wasn't a good value for the money and I doubt I'll return unless I can't find a room elsewhere.

• Liked — Being able to drive right up to my door.
  • Disliked — Maintenance Issues
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank rocknrun
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Apparently this place has changed for the better since the crummy reviews it received in 2006. I stayed at the Quality Inn for one night on a birdwatching trip as it is fairly close to the Great Dismal Swamp NWR. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, nice and modern. The continental breakfast was good with juices, fruit, cereal, pastry, bagels, milk and water. They even had chocolate syrup for the chocolate milk. My room did not have a fridge but with the free food it didn't really matter. The signal for the high speed internet was weak but fortunately they have a computer in the lobby w/ internet access. I thought the rate was expensive but it was Memorial Day weekend so most places in the area were pricey. I knock off points and give it an average rating because of the high price and the poor wireless internet signal.

• Stayed May 2008