“I love this Place”
Review of Motel 6 Suffolk

Motel 6 Suffolk
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This is the best hotel that i have ever stayed at in suffolk the staff has made every visit there very special the rooms are clean and theyhave always made sure that all my needs were met i would like to say thank you to Sara Mrks and the rest of the staff for making evey visit a great one.

A.DERRY

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
SmarksVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Thank you very much for your review. It is guests like you that every hotel strives for. We appreciate every guest who comes and goes from this property and give a special thanks to those of you who we would call "regulars". Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you.

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Suffolk

Reviewed June 3, 2011

Do not let their website mislead you. This is not your usual Quality Inn or Choice Hotels. There are several rooms rented by employees that work with my husband and the rooms are nasty. the furniture is dirty and stained. The ceilings appear to have water damage as there are very noticable patched areas. Our mini-fridge and microwave are very stained. I bleached them before we used them.The hotel offered us a reasonable weekly rate. However, management eventually informed us, extended stay guests have different rules than other guests. We were told we can only get towels/washcloths, etc., every other day. However, once we explained to them, we are paying guests and we do take daily showers, management gave in to our request for linens. Although, this is not a smoke free facility, we are not allowed to smoke at the pool..Our room directly faces the pool and smoking is allowed. We have no choice but to stay for the next few days, as we paid in advance and cannot get a refund. We will not return to this hotel if at all possible. I've traveled alot with my husband over the years and never had any problems with hotels/motels like this. The pool is the best attraction offered here. The staff is nice but, seem to watch the guests too closely for comfort. You feel as though you are being followed. very uneasy feeling.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank tlc33
SmarksVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2011

We keep all of our guest's best interests in mind. Yes, the property has a few smoking rooms, but we keep in mind that some/most guests have small children, allergies or just don't like to be around smoke. So yes, the swimming pool area is a non-smoking area and we are not ashamed to enforce this rule. Also, as an exterior property, we take our guest's security very seriously. So yes, we are not ashamed to say that we watch our property closely. Why this guest says the rooms are bad, we do not know. They have stated to us a couple times now that they loved our property like their own house. They have been staying here for many months, left for a different job, and then came right back. This review has been posted directly after asking them to leave the pool area while they were smoking and drinking. So, our only guess is that they were upset at that time about our rules.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

Yes, the location of this hotel is PERFECT, right on RT 460 East( no turns or detours)
However, the clealiness of the hotel was OK ( just)
No ice machines near the rooms
Moldy spots on the walls in the bed areas and bathrooms.
The staff- spooky!
I had to be/get aggresive with the staff( Not my way of life)
Because, I had eldery travelers with me to attend a funeral and the family needed to leave earlier than planned and we did NOT have time to get my eldely father out of the car and into the hotel through the reception area and into the dining area to eat breakfast so my dad could take his medicine.
The staff had a fit! Because I needed to take breakfast and GO...
Handicapp room only had bars in the shower.

Room Tip: Go to Rt 58A where other options are available
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank pedikatt
Reviewed April 16, 2011

This Quality Inn isn't up to the same standards as the others I've stayed at recently. The exterior, lobby and restaurant are all well-maintained, but the rooms are showing their age. The carpets and wallpaper are somewhat worn, the ceiling is inexpertly patched, and so on. The breakfast was a bit disappointing: poor quality coffee, mass-market pastries, scrambled eggs and sausage that was mostly gone when I arrived each morning at 8:30. The TV was an older CRT model, not a new flat-screen. The room seemed smaller than at other Quality Inns, but it was reasonably clean and had no odor. The free wireless Internet access worked fine. This motel is located right near the highway, so if you just want a place to crash for the night, it's perfectly acceptable, but it's not the place to spend your vacation.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marty P
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Room was just renevated, real nice. Traveled down with my wife to visit family and needed a place to stay. Hotel was right off highway so was conveniant to get to. The personell was very pleasant, very friendly. Also very informative, answered any questions we had asked them. Very affordable rates. Over all was very pleased with our stay and would deffinately stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
SmarksVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2011

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! It was such a pleasure having you here with us, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you again when you're in this area!

Reviewed December 30, 2009

Booked it for a wee -; left after one night. The door to the room wouldn't budge unless you put a shoulder to it. Room was non-smoking in name only. Bed frame had a piece jutting out at mid mattress that could gouge you (I put the chair there to remind me). Most other guests were truckers or working for a logging company...not bad people,but a bit loud and started moving around very early in the morning to start their diesel trucks.

On a positive note, the room was reasonably clean and the staff was pleasant, even when I checked out early.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank BungalowBill
SmarksVA397, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for inconveniances you may have experianced here, but more importantly would like to assure you that updates have been made to our hotel and we hope very much that you will be back to enjoy them! Since your stay with us we have put in all new carpet, thus getting rid of the smoke smell from the rooms, we have installed new beautiful granite vanities in the bathrooms, new tile has been also been laid in the bathrooms and the only change not made is that our Friendly and Attentive staff is here ready and waiting to assist you! We hope to see you soon. Take care!

Reviewed September 21, 2009

When we opened the door it smelled. There was food particles on desk top, My wife opened hotel directory and a live spider ran out. Bed was not flat. Cob webs on TV stand. Dead bugs on rack over where you hang clothes. Bath room was NASTY. Poor built sink stand coming apart. Exposed holes in wall for water lines. PEE stains on floor around toilet base. Feces on wall of inside ot toilet, and feces floating in toilet. We were offered an upgrade at discount but who knew what bugs where in beds or other parts of other rooms too. The all time nastiest place I was offered. For $8 more got a nice Holiday Inn Express room. Owner sent me a poorly written, letter offereing 15% discount to try again. NO WAY!!!!!!! Choice Hotel made us no offers for weeks and finally gave me a lousy 3000 points...not even good for one free night in one of their other hotels. Guess they do not need the business.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank xrayman49

I would like to thank you for bringing any and all issues to our attention. I also would like to personally apologize for any inconveniances you may have had at our property. We did address this issue as soon as it was brought to our attention, I am only sorry that you opted out of seeing another room before you left. We would very much have liked to have shown you that this room was an awful exception to the quality of our hotel. Fortunatly we were able to take care of the issue and all of our rooms since your stay have been updated. They have new carpet, new beautiful granite vanities and new tile in the bathrooms. I hope you will come back to see for yourselves. Our friendly and helpful staff awaits your return. Take care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#31 of 42 in Chesapeake
Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake

Been to Motel 6 Suffolk? Share your experiences!