“NOT WHAT THEY SHOW”

Knights Inn Suffolk
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My family and I just stayed at the Days Inn in Suffolk, Virginia. The pictures that this place has on their website must have been taken when the hotel was brand new, because the place was a DUMP. The staff was very very rude, the rooms smelled and they were not clean! The doors did not close right, and paint was peeling everywhere. I was afraid to use the shower and there was dirt on the walls that had not been wiped off. The hotel has people living in it, and they are very loud and disrespectful. Beer bottles all over outside and shopping carts full of trash outside. All and all..it was disgusting. We are VERY VERY unhappy! I would never advise anyone to stay here. We were stuck, because everything was sold out around them. It was so bad that we almost turned around and went home, but I wasn't going to let them ruin our vacation.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank mezmereyz76

Reviewed January 6, 2010

This is by far the worst hotel we have stayed in. A non-smoking room smelled of smoke. The bathroom was dirty - everything from walls, doors, sink and tub. The carpets were dirty. One of the 2 double beds looked like it had been slept in. The white sheets had large black stains on them. There was no blanket. Travellers beware!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank explorer665
Reviewed November 16, 2008

I was driving home from a concert late at night and my friend and I decided to try to get a hotel because we were too tired. We figured a Days Inn would be a safe bet. At 3:00am, we negotiated a price of $40 because the lady said something was wrong with the water. When we got to our room, the bed was unmade (pubic hair and all), the shower was running, it smelled like piss and animals, and there were flies. We considered staying anyway...we were THAT tired...but there was no way I could sleep in that room. We went right back to the front desk and the lady REFUSED to give us a refund. Tired and frustrated, we decided to just leave and dispute the charge in the morning. NOW, I've checked my bank account online and she charged us $57.99, not $40!!!! I really wish I would have seen this website first because apparently this has happened to a lot of people. I will be calling Days Inn to report this.
DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL....PERIOD!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank mle82
Reviewed October 12, 2008

I found the room to decent and staff friendly. Quiet and safe place for single person or family. Internet service, continental breakfast. I will be staying here again on next visit.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank GypsyGirl069
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We negotiated a price of $62 for a "suite". Our "suite" had 1 king bed and a couch. I would not say that the room was any bigger than the others. Our room was non-smoking but smelled heavily of smoke. We only stayed for 1 night and I figured for the price it was ok.

When I checked my credit card statement, I found that we were actually charged 89.99. I called to ask about this mistake and was told that there was no mistake and that's the price I was told at check-in. The conversation ended with me stating that I was going to dispute this charge. Unfortunately, my husband signed the credit card slip and didn't keep the copy so I am out of luck with that.

My only recourse at this point would be to tell everyone I can to watch out for this place. I believe there is a language barrier which could lead to miscommunication so please be sure to double check everything before signing. God forbid that you have to follow up with them because they are not friendly at all.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank dwinoski
Reviewed June 18, 2008

We had asked for a non-smoking room and were given a room that had a musty smell combining cleaning supplies and some other odors, perhaps to mask prior smoking in the room. The staff were curt, the continental breakfast marginal and lots of debris in the pool. My young boy found a frog swimming in the pool and we saved it from getting stuck in the outflow channel. By far the worst Days Inn that I have stayed in and Days Inn corporate could not have cared less about our experience.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank zebrafishman
Reviewed April 23, 2008

We walked in to this hotel with a family. After negotiating us down from 119.00 to 50.00 per night, we ended up with a room that was not worth an hourly rate.

There were white blotchy stains on the floor by both sides of the bed. The chairs had the same stains. The lights flickered constantaly. The comforter/top sheet was threadbare and very thin.

The sink area was newly refurbished and clean.

After expressing dissatisfaction with the room, we got another room, only after fighting with the woman at the night desk.

The second room had newer rugs with only 4-5 stains like the last, near the bed. This room smelled like a strip club.

I was very upset that this chain would allow a hotel like this to exist under their name. We requested our money back and paid 10.00/night more about 10 miles away. It was the same chain. I have always been pleased with Days' Inn, but the Suffolk one (especially based on the late nite activity I saw happening on the property) should only be rented on an hourly basis (not to families).

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank satoristeve