“horrible”

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank CHINIQUA R
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Once I arrived the lady at the front desk charged me $12.99 for switching from smoking to non smoking . She also tried to sell me some wrist watches on the side . The bathroom was poorly cleaned, hair was all over the place . I asked for new towel because mine looked used and dirty and the lady at the front desk and the male housekeeper were furious and were like " why would we hang up dirty towels ?...geeez" they gave me new towels and I apologized for upsetting them . At 10:50am , the housekeeping guy knocked on my door and told me I had to leave or get charged another night. Overall they were rude, unprofessional, and unclean .

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Shoestrang
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I have enjoyed our stay in the Day's Inn that we have stayed in over the years, but I will NEVER stay in one again unless I check it out first. I felt like I was sleeping in a dumpster, but we were sooooo tired. The outside smelled, the room was durty with dust everywhere and the mirror in the sleeping area had smear marks all over it. There were not enough towels in the room and when we called my husband was told it would be a couple hours before they were ready...OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to have my $100 back!!!
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT STAYING AT THIS DAY'S INN ON 1526 HOLLAND ROAD IN SUFFOLK, VA...RUN!!!!!! It is a DUMP!!!

Room Tip: Be sure and check the place out before you reserve...If this happens again, I don't care what ti...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MountainMamma27597
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I asked my husband to scout out hotels for an upcoming trip to the area. Needless to say- he just looked in the window of a dark vacant room and said it was fine. IT WAS NOT FINE!
The room smelled, the lobby smelled and when I stepped inside the bathroom- I was immediately disgusted and terrified.
This hotel should be shut down and completely knocked down. It was, hands down, the most horrific place I have ever been in.
Never trust your husband to look for hotels!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jenny H
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I would advise anyone to stay clear of this place. It is clearly obvious they are saving on overhead in the housekeeping department, because I don't think the rooms are cleaned. The room was smelly and the carpet was stained. The mattress pads had hair all over them. The sheets and towels were stained. There were piles of dust behind the beds. The bathroom was the worst of all. At this point you would probably think -can it get any worse. The tub appeared as if the customer before us had bathed and no one had bother to clean it. I shower curtain had mold and mildew on the outside and inside. There was streaks of stool near the handle and urine running down the side of the toilet and at the base of the toilet. For petes sake there was even toilet tissue in the toilet. Hair was in the floor as well as dirt spots. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY PLACE AS FLITHY AS THIS PLACE! Please keep driving for SANITATION and SANITY!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank rocky1950
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I cannot believe Days Inn would allow this place to operate with their name on it. At low prices, sure, a room can be shabby or out-dated. But the bathroom was disgusting. There was MOLD & MILDEW on the TORN shower curtain. Hairs on the bathroom floor, filthy faucets and handles, hairs around the sink from a previous shaver. The towels were WET...When I returned them to the front desk, the owner ranted about housekeeping. I exchanged them for dry towels and went back to spray the room with Lysol. If we hadn't been so exhausted, I would have packed up-gotten my money back-and left. Check out in the morning--"contenintal breakfast" was stale cereal, no juice. Owner came out in his bathrobe, barefoot into the lobby. We left disgusted. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL....

Room Tip: Always ask to SEE a room before you decide to take it. Quality establishments will not mind. The one...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family