“Dirty, overpriced, smelly!”

Knights Inn Suffolk
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Made our reservations online, which quoted one price, then when we checked in, the front desk clerks (which was an elderly couple from India who were very hard to understand), said that the rate we were quoted was wrong (to the tune of an extra $30). Clerk told me it was a non-smoking room, but when we got to the room, it reeked of cigarettes. The towels were filthy, the room was OK, but definitely nothing to take pictures of for your scrapbook!!! ALOT of noise outside our room from the several drunk men congregating right outside our door. Went to the lobby next morning for coffee...it was stone cold. No breakfast items available at all. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 1bunkogal

Reviewed July 18, 2010

-Non smoking room reaked of smoke.
-Used cigarett butt on floor behind night stand, remember non-smoking room..
-Wall behind night stand drizzled with who knows what
-Wall paper seam in bathroom repaired with strange brown goo
-Shower wand, thats righ no standard wall mounted head! The wand hung free no mount, you had to hold it in you hand the entire time!! silly.
- TV was not LCD and all channels were fuzzy
-Towels were thin, hard and 1 had a hole in it
-Reception area was like checking into a prison behind glass locked window
-This place is a joke spend another 30.00 and go somewhere else or sleep in your car would probably be better.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank bw2832
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My family and I just stayed at the Days Inn in Suffolk, Virginia. The pictures that this place has on their website must have been taken when the hotel was brand new, because the place was a DUMP. The staff was very very rude, the rooms smelled and they were not clean! The doors did not close right, and paint was peeling everywhere. I was afraid to use the shower and there was dirt on the walls that had not been wiped off. The hotel has people living in it, and they are very loud and disrespectful. Beer bottles all over outside and shopping carts full of trash outside. All and all..it was disgusting. We are VERY VERY unhappy! I would never advise anyone to stay here. We were stuck, because everything was sold out around them. It was so bad that we almost turned around and went home, but I wasn't going to let them ruin our vacation.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank mezmereyz76
Reviewed January 6, 2010

This is by far the worst hotel we have stayed in. A non-smoking room smelled of smoke. The bathroom was dirty - everything from walls, doors, sink and tub. The carpets were dirty. One of the 2 double beds looked like it had been slept in. The white sheets had large black stains on them. There was no blanket. Travellers beware!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank explorer665
Reviewed November 16, 2008

I was driving home from a concert late at night and my friend and I decided to try to get a hotel because we were too tired. We figured a Days Inn would be a safe bet. At 3:00am, we negotiated a price of $40 because the lady said something was wrong with the water. When we got to our room, the bed was unmade (pubic hair and all), the shower was running, it smelled like piss and animals, and there were flies. We considered staying anyway...we were THAT tired...but there was no way I could sleep in that room. We went right back to the front desk and the lady REFUSED to give us a refund. Tired and frustrated, we decided to just leave and dispute the charge in the morning. NOW, I've checked my bank account online and she charged us $57.99, not $40!!!! I really wish I would have seen this website first because apparently this has happened to a lot of people. I will be calling Days Inn to report this.
DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL....PERIOD!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank mle82
Reviewed October 12, 2008

I found the room to decent and staff friendly. Quiet and safe place for single person or family. Internet service, continental breakfast. I will be staying here again on next visit.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank GypsyGirl069
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We negotiated a price of $62 for a "suite". Our "suite" had 1 king bed and a couch. I would not say that the room was any bigger than the others. Our room was non-smoking but smelled heavily of smoke. We only stayed for 1 night and I figured for the price it was ok.

When I checked my credit card statement, I found that we were actually charged 89.99. I called to ask about this mistake and was told that there was no mistake and that's the price I was told at check-in. The conversation ended with me stating that I was going to dispute this charge. Unfortunately, my husband signed the credit card slip and didn't keep the copy so I am out of luck with that.

My only recourse at this point would be to tell everyone I can to watch out for this place. I believe there is a language barrier which could lead to miscommunication so please be sure to double check everything before signing. God forbid that you have to follow up with them because they are not friendly at all.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank dwinoski
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#31 of 42 in Chesapeake
Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk

Been to Knights Inn Suffolk? Share your experiences!