“A fun little festival”

Strasburg Mayfest
Ranked #8 of 15 things to do in Strasburg
Type: Other
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The town's chamber puts on this event and wraps alot into two and a half days. The carnival is sponsored by another organization, but a staple during the event. You've got street concerts, a parade, arts and craft vendors, a duck race, and more. There is always a great selection of food and you can count on the third weekend in May for this event.

2  Thank Pam S

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We arrived on Friday and got to see the preliminary fun, before the big weekend. Our friends were from the area and we are from a small town, so we appreciated the effort required for this kind of festival. We enjoyed some local music and walked around until we found some ice cream to enjoy.

When I did my morning run on Saturday, I was amazed at how many vendors had arrived or were setting up on the streets. Unfortunately, we had plans in another area and couldn't see the main events.

I would return to get another opportunity to see everything that was offered.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Beautiful weekend for this little festival in 2012. Saturday is the big day, by Sunday fewer vendors set up. In past years felt craft quality higher,possibly was better on Saturday. Some games for kids, a few pricy food trucks. Worth attending.

1  Thank VATraveler888
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I'm sorry, I'm sure people worked very hard for this event but there is nothing unique about it. It seems to be more of a community event vs anything for tourists.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

typical small town fair, only was there for one evening and did not see the remaining events.