“awesome food, awesome service, awesome people!”
Review of At Home Bistro - CLOSED

At Home Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

this is a great place with great food and the sweetest people you'd ever meet. the chef gives out free samples of things and actually comes out to the tables to meet the guests and make sure everything is okay. the food is fantastic! we keep bringing new people to the bistro all the time so they can try it and they love it!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Prices are higher than the cafe it replaced. They are trying for fancier food that just doesn't sell in this little town. The ambiance is ok, but kind of fake. I miss the old standard cafe food. Instead they have fancy food instead of chicken fried steak, almond green beans instead of bacon green beans, etc. Luckily, there is still Hi-Neighbor w/good plain country food!

3  Thank Rob M
Reviewed June 12, 2014

A neighbor mentioned that he and friends enjoyed a new restaurant in Strasburg; so, hubby and I decided to give it a try. We enjoyed a very good meal, with a nice presentation, and a friendly, accommodating staff. What more could one ask for?

We both ordered the same dinner, i.e., rib-eye steak, some yummy rice mixture with just a little 'bite', and broccoli. In writing this, I asked my husband if he remembered the name of the rice dish; he replied he didn't want to thing about it because it was JUST TOO GOOD! Agree.

In addition to the food, the restaurant's personnel make a huge difference in whether or not the dining experience was good, great, or mediocre. Our server, Nadine, was great...very pleasant, proficient, and attentive with discretion.

Looking forward to enjoying a visit to this restaurant again soon.

1  Thank Jane71013
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Excellent meal. I had the scallops and shrimp, done perfectly. My wife had the chicken marsala, chicken a bit overdone, but the sauce was great. My side was the scalloped potaotes au gratin...wow! Sample of two soups was super...would order them next time. Dessert...a triple chocolate, mousse filled chocolate crere was incredible. I don't order desserts...just a fork to sample what my wife orders...I ate half! The modified "Diner" type ambience needs some sprucing up. Don't be put off by the location....you will not be disappointed in the meal.

1  Thank RDICHK
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had heard about the outstanding culinary experience of Chef Kiesha Sellers, and our meal was outstanding. We were given samples of the two soups. Both were complex, rich, and delicious. Our shrimp and grits (sprinkled with bacon and corn) was not only delicious but was beautifully presented. We'll definitely be going back and hopefully sometime we'll leave room for dessert.

Both Chef Sellers and her fiancé (and General Manager) Jeremy Myers were very warm and welcoming.

4  Thank RiverwoodWriter