“Perfectly adequate for overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Strasburg

Ramada Strasburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

A group of about 40 people stayed here as part of a yearly road cycling trip. Very clean room, plenty of towels, good breakfast spread, very helpful and friendly staff. My husband left a charger for his bike computer and they mailed it back to us. Very nice. Can't wait to go back for next year's trip. Highly recommend it!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Utica, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We paid $75 for a room on a Saturday night, so I can't complain about much. We needed a place to stay on the way home from South Carolina to New York and this was definitely the cheapest. It is a strange place, but we had a good time. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and could not have been more helpful. To our surprise she was working at check in and again in the morning at check out (poor thing). Even though she clearly either worked overnight or was only gone for a few hours she was still in a great mood.
The room itself was clean, the hallways and stairwells not so much. But the room was large, the bathroom was sparkling clean, and there was a refrigerator and a microwave. The hotel's lounge was closed for renovations but the clerk recommended a local pizza place which delivered to our room.
As others have said, the pool situation is weird. It's in a rec center which appears to be shared with the local school. It's a huge pool, and though the building clearly hadn't been updated in a while the pool was crystal clear and the perfect temperature. I'd skip the hot tub though, only a third of the jets worked and I wouldn't count on the filtration system working much better.
There was a wedding reception on the first floor the night we arrived (why you would have your wedding reception at the Strasburg Ramanda I do not know), but we never heard a thing. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was good; it had bagels, muffins, waffles and a couple hot items.
If you need a place to stay this Ramada is an incredible deal and is clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend it to those passing through.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fredericksburg
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at a wonderful Ramada off 81 in Strasburg. I was visiting local Civil War sites. the room was like new, the service excellent, it wasn't too crowded sorry to say for Ramada but I got the quiet I needed.
Would love to stay there again. Staff even gave me battlefield directions. no room service at all that's why I gave it a 3/
When I stayed in Watertown the Ramada was very similar, but had doors between rooms and no one likes that. but the room service was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Travelers are raving about these Strasburg hotels

White Plains, New York
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Good place for the price we paid, senior discount as well. Clean. Quiet. Reasonable large room. Microwave. Refrigerator. Good breakfast. The bed blankets and covers were really very heavy. Not so nice. The hotel is organized such that the non-smoking rooms are at the second floor and the smoking rooms are at the ground floor. A good idea to keep them apart, although some smoking smell finds its way from floor to floor. We had a weird experience with the pool. The hotel does not have its own swimming pool but they give you a card to access the door at a swimming pool across the street. I went, as after a day a traveling around, a little swim does a lot of good. I went to the pool door ( apparently the pool is in a recreation kind of center), get in the building - the pool was huge, with lanes for competitions. Nobody was in the pool, but on the side in some lounge chairs, a group of 6 kids and young adults were seeping in their swimming trunks. They looked like they were sick, but I guess they were just sleeping. I did some laps . I noticed that the pool room needed serious repairs - the ceiling seemed to be falling apart. I left and that was it. Weird.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Ramada Strasburg? Share your experiences!