“Great Value, courteous staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Strasburg

Ramada Strasburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Value, courteous staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent 4 nights here in-between a recent move and found the hotel to be very comfortable. The staff are accommodating, the breakfast was basic but good (eggs, French toast, bacon, sausage) they did a good job at changing items each morning so It wasn't the same thing every day. The rooms are big and comfortable, plenty if pillows, which is great for us. Parking is free, wifi is free and worked great in our room.

We would stay here again if needed.

Only issues, walls are a bit thin, noise does travel. But it didn't bother us. And there's only one elevator for the whole hotel, we never had to wait very long for it, but if it got busy, you might have to wait.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Belmont, VT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This Ramada Inn had me a tad hesitant but as we were traveling through to the South, we just wanted a clean place to stay. This hotel filled the bill. Although not a "resort" quality by any means, if you are traveling north or south along I81 in VA, this is a good choice. The rooms were clean, the beds, linens, pillows comfy and the front desk clerk very helpful with any inquiries and if your are a traveler with pets (we are not), you should be able to make arrangements for your faithful companion.

I MUST recommend a restaurant that the front desk clerk suggested. Castiglia's is a minute or two up the road and, according to the menu, family-owned. It's clean, family-friendly (many children were dining the evening we were there), the atmosphere is that of a piazza-BUT-the food...the food took some time but was priced very well. The pizza looked amazing, the portions ample and the quality exceptional. They even deliver to the hotel! Don't follow the "mantra" of a "too extensive menu must mean low quality". Everything was delicious-take a cannoli back to the room-we did!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, the staff made a mistake by not charging my card the first time. I called back to settle up and they hit me with two unknown unauthorized holds for 185 each. It took days to rectify plus lost time and uncovered money!!! The staff was rude and lied to me on numberous accounts. I will never go back, I've never been treated so poorly!!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Jennifer H

Travelers are raving about these Strasburg hotels

jnbruns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada Inn in Strasburg on my way to Washington DC and I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel staff was friendly and provided a fold-out bed for the extra person in our party for a small fee. The hotel was well-maintained and the beds were very, very comfortable. After a long road trip, the comfortable and cozy bed provided much needed sleep. Laundry facilities were available, which is a plus for a band on the run. In the morning, we were provided an excellent recommendation for a brunch location--the Hi Neighbor Restaurant located in downtown Strasburg. My only warning to guests is to watch your navigation system--ours sent us to a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere when we plugged in the address. Double check to make sure you haven't been lead astray by your once-reliable technology.

Room Tip: They provide fold-out beds for only $10. Consider this option for kids or friends.