“We don't recommend the Ramada Inn Strasburg”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Strasburg

Ramada Strasburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
New York City, New York
“We don't recommend the Ramada Inn Strasburg”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

The Ramada in Strasburg Virginia needs some attention, better management, and a good cleaning. We do not recommend it. We stayed there because we couldn’t find any other place to stay in the area, due to (as it turned out) a Civil War reenactment scheduled for the next day. The main problem with the room was that the window was left open, and because it was behind the curtain, didn’t realize it until it was too late. Let’s just say we spent a good part of an hour killing all the bugs that flew into the room, apparently attracted by the huge light right outside our window. Gross! It made for a very uncomfortable night, and very poor sleep. Additionally, the hallways, stairwells, and elevator smelled of cigarette smoke (although the room did not). There was a microwave and small refrigerator in the room – they seemed fine. The linens were ok, and the bathroom was clean enough to quickly shower the next morning and quickly check out. Even though the rates were very low (we paid about $85), spend a little more at place that provides a much experience, if you can. You get what you pay for, and we will definitely not be back to this hotel. However……a positive note for the next day of our trip: the town had some charm, and we actually had a wonderful outdoor breakfast at a local, small restaurant called Christina’s café. The food was great, and the service was friendly and accommodating. This little café was a MUCH better representative of the town than the Ramada.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Princess1043

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

I recently made reservations for my family for a 4 night stay at Ramada Strasburg in Strasburg, VA, however, due to the disgusting accomodations and dangerous situation they place my family in we checked out on the second day. Upon checking in they had our room rate wrong. The rates had been reduced online, which is where I originally made the reservation. I called ahead and spoke to Chris who said that he would be happy to adjust the rate....this was not done however. We checked in to Room 329 around 10 PM on 4/21/2011, the sheets were rumpled as though they had not been changed, I notified the front desk and they said that they would address it in the AM when housekeeping was in. The next day, towels were dropped off in our room, but the beds were not made nor changed. The hotel serves breakfast. When I told the elderly woman on duty that the eggs she was serving were FROZEN, she told me to step into a closet area and microwave them....I was HORRIFIED when I opened the door to see a dirty broom closet with a tiny microwave on top of an old refrigerator. There were roach and ant traps on the floor and there were boxes of muffins and pasteries sitting on the floor. There was no coffee, milk, sausage or forks and there were only about 8 people eating breakfast. Everything was disgusting! On the SECOND morning the fire alarm went off around 8 AM, my husband and I took our three children into the hallway to leave through a stairwell and were told by a housekeeper to ignore it as someone had burned toast in the kitchen. We continued on out of the bldg only to find the 2nd floor engulfed in smoke...the front desk clerk said there was a fire in Rm 207...fire truck arrived however the hotel was NEVER evacuated!!! We were on our way to the pool across the parking lot so we continued there only to find the pool so gross two of my children refused to get in! The ceiling was covered with fabric draping to keep the insulation from falling into the pool. Needless to say, when the fire trucks left, we CHECKED OUT and went to the Holiday Inn in Front Royal. This was the worst Easter vacation we had ever had in a Ramada Inn!!! I would like to be reimbursed for the cost of our stay....$143.44.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express Front Royal instead!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank gmvasquez

Travelers are raving about these Strasburg hotels

Palm Springs, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

Great Hotel with very nice gal at the reception. Great small hotel in little town of VA.
The restaurant next door is Mexican. The service is so-so but the food is great.
If you pass thru and need a hotel in this town, choose this one. you will not be disappointed.
The breakfast was so-so but hey, its free, so I am not going to complaint.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

A group of twenty two of us booked this property over the July 4th week because the hotels closer to Front Royal, VA were either sold out or had horrible reviews. To be honest, we weren't expecting anymore than a clean room and free parking. To our pleasant surprise we got a decent continental breakfast, access to an awesome workout facility with olympic size pool (short walk to a separate building), an on-site restaurant with decent Mexican food, AND a clean room with free wi-fi.
Kudos to the General Manager Jerri for being so helpful and accomodationg with our group. No problems or complaints.

• Stayed July 2010
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

We arrived at 11pm, seeking somewhere to stay on our hastily planned trip home after an emergency with my young son. The price was unreasonable, but the cheapest we could find in the middle of nowhere that late at night. The front desk attendant had the personality of a brick wall, not the warm, welcoming face we were seeking on a bone-chilling night. The room smelled of mold and musk, I had a runny nose all night from it. `Plus, to top it all off, someone who had contact with my credit card number there used it 2 days later to try and purchase $1500 of stuff online! Good thing I check my accounts every day and was able to contact my bank to stop the transactions from going through. I hadn't used my card anywhere for at least a month before, so I'm pretty positive this is where the fraud occurred.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank gpg69
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

I found my room to be very clean and spacious. My room was at the front of the hotel facing the highway, yet I never heard noise from passing traffic. Hotels being what they are, though, I could hear my neighbors, including the amorous couple next door who gave me a bedspring serenade at 6:40 AM. That was pretty disgusting, although not the hotel's fault. Considering their room was between mine and the front desk, I have to wonder if the desk clerk heard them, too. Fortunately, my bed was comfy, so I had gotten a decent night's sleep before the rude awakening.

Luckily, the fan setting on the in-room AC provides an excellent source of white noise to drown out the neighbors. My other favorite feature of the room was the microwave/fridge. That is a rarity among lower-cost hotels. For the rate I paid, I certainly got a good deal on the room and its amenities.

The continental breakfast was tasty and offered a greater variety of breakfast food than what I've seen at most hotels. The front-desk staff was friendly and helpful. I was very pleased to find they had a computer that is free to guests. I didn't bring my laptop, and I wanted coords for geocaching, so I was happy to be able to use a computer there. The little things are nice, too, like a free USA Today delivered to the room (not all hotels do that) and a variety of free cookies at the front desk.

The Mexican restaurant attached to the hotel was fine, but unlike what a previous poster claimed, there ARE other late-night eateries in town, including McDonald's, Burger King, and Denny's. Apparently, he didn't bother to drive down the street. There are also a number of pizza places in town.

The hotel offers its guests free bowling, swimming and gym time at the nearby rec center. The Ramada is conveniently located near the interstate. My friend and I were there to explore caverns, and Strasburg was a good mid-point for both Front Royal and New Market.'

The town of Strasburg is small, but quaint and charming. The locals are friendly, and there are some good geocaches hidden around town.

As a final note, Ramada is pet-friendly. I saw lots of people travelling with their dogs and staying at this hotel. I don't know if there are designated rooms for that, but if a pet had ever stayed in my room, there was no trace of it - the room was super-clean.

I would definitely stay here again. :-)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Moscow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

Front desk person was abrupt, demotivated & barely working at all. Room not very clean as by chance I took a look at the floor under beds & other furniture - it was... let's say not sterile at all, housekeeping takes care of open surfaces only.
Another fantastic stuff - could you imagine a restaurant/bar by hotel which closes at 9PM? Don't know, it is common practice in US maybe but in Europe/Asia it is not. Just figure it out - you arrive from the entire day of driving and in this surprisingly-nowhere-else-to-go village of Strasburg the only eatery in town is already closed. Why to open this Mexican place by the hotel at all I wonder??!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Ramada Strasburg? Share your experiences!