“ANOTHER WONDERFUL STAY!”
Review of Hotel Strasburg

Hotel Strasburg
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We come to the Strasburg every October and always look forward to staying in this quaint old hotel. To be sure, here and there it could use some restoration, but the staff is always pleasant and the restaurant serves consistently good food. You always know what you are getting when you come here and that is comforting!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Puppa44420

Reviewed September 17, 2010

We love the hotel and have stayed there a multitude of times over the years. It is very special to us, we love the quaintness of the rooms, the quality and the variety of the dining room's menu and the level of service by the staff. Our last stay was in conjunction with a room/dining package that made for an excellent value.

It is a great place to stay to escape the urban rat race and enjoy the scenery and the history of the valley.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rlisaint
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This is the third time we've stayed at the Hotel Strasburg and we will keep coming back. The rooms are quaint with antiques, and are so comfortable and homey- it's almost like staying at an old Aunt's or Grandma's house. We usually eat dinner at the hotel resturant when we arrive, and their "petite" selections (smaller dinner size) are as delicious as they are reasonable in price. During the week they offer an included continental breakfast, but on the weekends you can expect a bountiful breakfast buffet for a reasonable price. This is a safe, clean place to stay, especially if you like something out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MotorcycleTraveler42
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I thought this would be a nice, charming place, but when I went upstairs to preview a room, I was pretty freaked out. All the doors were open and there was no one else in the hotel. The whole place had a weird, macabre atmosphere. I left immediately. Later, I learned that it used to be an old hospital. YUCK! Probably haunted.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AX201
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Strasburg is a cute little town in the Shenandoah Valley and this old hotel is situated on a pleasant residential street. (Since it was built in 1902, I guess zoning is not an issue.) Lots of Victorian froufrou all over the place. Very nice porch for sitting and rocking. Room was small but comfortable and charming. They also have much larger rooms, almost suites.
Getting stuff into the room was less than ideal: You park in the back, but then have to drag your stuff around to the front, via the sidewalk, and then get it up two steps into the lobby and a staircase (or two) to the rooms. No luggage cart, and it wouldn't have helped anyway. I suppose this is not unusual with historic buildings.
There's a restaurant in the hotel, also charmingly froufrou. I'll review it separately, but just say here that it was pretty good, in a slightly 50s-ish way. Continental breakfast was OK, nothing special, the usual dry bagels and cereal.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I stayed there on business for nine months a few years ago. I felt like I was always welcome there and treated very nice by all the employees. Yes, you may have the old smell and creaky floors, but what do you expect for a place that is over 100 years old. The bar was nice and handy and had good food. The patrons were always nice and treated me like I was from that town. I would also like to say that the people in the town were also very nice to me during my long stay. I was actually sad to leave when my job ended in the town of Strausburg. It felt like I was in my hometown of Millersburg, Pa. I actually look forward to going back there every once and a while.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I had to travel to Strasburg on business, and decided to try this place because they offer a government rate. The hotel is right 'downtown', and is a wonderful old Victorian wood-frame building. It still has a lot of the original fixtures, and every room has a different selection of antiques. The lady at check-in was nice, if a bit distracted (three lines ringing, people wanting seating in the restaurant).
My room was at the top of the stairs, and I was pleased with it. It's not your standard chain motel room with all the trimmings, this is a different sort of place. The room was a pretty good size, with high ceilings and a neat antique lamp. My bed was a huge old wooden thing, with a comfortable matress and nice sheets. There was a small TV near the bed, and a phone and old electric clock on the bedside table. The bathroom was not large, but was clean and had new-ish fixtures. You get pretty good toiletries thrown in. The floor in the room was really creaky, and I was glad no-one was above me. I did not have a desk, but put my laptop on the bed to use the free wireless. My rate for all this was $73, but of course I had a letter getting me the government rate. My one real complaint was the long slog with my bags to the parking lot out back. If you have two people, it shouldn't be a problem to unload the car quickly out front.
For dinner, I went down to the lounge, and sat at the bar. It's got a very homey atmosphere, and the food was good, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank roadtripperMaryland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
The Mimslyn Inn
The Mimslyn Inn
#1 of 9 in Luray

Been to Hotel Strasburg? Share your experiences!