“Enjoyable”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stopped in for a Saturday morning breakfast while taking a day trip into the Shenandoah Valley. The restaurant is in an old building that has been converted into a nice gathering spot. I had the Chorizo Omelet with fried potatoes, and multi grain bread. It was everything I had expected, the omelet was light and fluffy with just the right amount of sausage, the toast was delicious. My wife had the spinach and mushroom omelet also excellent. Next time we go to the Valley we will stop on the way back to sample the evening fare and taste some of the local music and entertainment.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I have been stopping by Christina's for years now on my way to the mountains and was horribly disappointed this time! I brought my friends from London & was so excited as I normally love Christina's. The food, atmosphere are usually wonderful!
This time - the service was terrible, longggg wait, no soup of day and it wasn't even 3pm - way too many flys outside - and then when I ordered cookies inside our server still wasn't friendly at all - I tipped good disappointed - we will look for a new place next time -

1  Thank cseegren
Reviewed July 1, 2014

With limited options in Strasburg, we decided to give Cristina's a try after reading some positive and not-so-positive reviews on TA. We sat outside in the "garden" and enjoyed the experience. The restaurant was not busy at 5:30PM on a Friday night, so that left us a bit suspect. But, we were likely ahead of the Friday night crowd. Our server was very attentive and the locally sourced food was prepared well and tasted great. Their menu changes weekly based on the availability of local ingredients. We ordered the Baby Greens Salad, California Club, and Curry Chicken. We would return should we find ourselves in Strasburg again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Cristina's has a lot going for it -- locally sourced food, interesting, flavorful menu, nice presentation. But the last 2 times we've gone, something has been off. Slow, inatentive service. Weird, unexplained subsititutions (oatmeal pancakes that were left un-eaten when we expected traditional pancakes), sad-looking omelet (like the eggs were thinned out with water). But worst of all, the coffee seems to have changed. Their espresso used to be full-bodied and delicious (and thus, so were the lattes that were made with it). Lately it has been thin and not very flavorful, so my guess is they changed suppliers, type of bean, or type of roast (or all of those things). The great coffee was the #1 reason I went out of my way to stop at Cristina's. But now I'm thinking I'll skip it. What is the point of a weak espresso?

2  Thank fude4thot
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I love the menu here, my kind of food. Inventive sandwiches, salads, soups and quiches. The plants are amazing. Just a nice place to hang out and have a nice lunch or grab a cup of coffee.
service was a little off the waitress wasn't very attentive and she had trouble with the credit card machine. somehow the new system wouldn't allow for a tip to be included.

1  Thank JudyM23692