“A hotel that does everything right”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Richmond
“A hotel that does everything right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed here while taking my family to Luray Caverns (not too far away) and was blown away by how great the hotel is. It's in a convenient location, is very well maintained, and has a remarkable staff. Everywhere you look, you can tell that the staff really cares about the hotel and it's guests.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a weekend trip to the Shenandoah Valley. The location is great-- close to the national park, convenient to the highway, and right around the corner from several restaurants and gas stations. For dinner our first night, we walked across the street to a delicious Italian restaurant. Perfect!

Our room was clean and quiet, and with a comfortable bed and flat screen TV. The free continental breakfast and high speed internet were nice perks which you don't often find in hotels these days.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sgc13
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Strasburg as our "home base" for hiking in the Shenandoah National Park and for doing some antiquing. We found this hotel to be everything one could want when staying away from home. Viviana greeted us in such a friendly enthusiastic manner, which started our vacation on a very positive note. And this feeling remained for the entire stay. Our room on the fourth floor overlooked the mountains, and we could watch the sunrise from our balcony. It was very large, nicely furnished, immaculately clean...perfect. The breakfast was fine, and the food was kept well stocked. Everyone who worked there seemed to be friendly and helpful.

One night we ate at the Old Mill Restaurant, a short drive from the hotel. The food, atmosphere, and wait staff were wonderful!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MDTravelers60
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

This hotel is very close to the highway. There are several restaurant choices nearby. It was perfect for an overnight during a two day road trip. Our room/bathroom was very clean and with enough towels for everyone (I usually have to ask for more at the desk). Very nice beds. Room had big TV/AC/microwave/fridge/free wi-fi.
Breakfast in the AM was ok. Not many choices, but there were plenty of staff about making sure it stayed stocked up.
Small pool.

1 Thank NCpi
NEPA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed at this property as a stopover on the way home from the beach. It was well maintained and Vivianna at the front desk was very friendly. Our suite had 2 beds, 2 TVs, and was spacious. The breakfast was standard and the lobby was nicely decorated. We walked across the parking lot to eat dinner at an Italian Restaurant that was very good. I like not having to get back in the car to go out for dinner after you have spent the whole day in the car. There was also a Denny's, Arby's, and Chinese Restaurant close by. The hotel is an easy on and off from I-81.

2 Thank cafc328
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

I stopped here after a long day of driving since the hotel was on my direct bill program & very convenient to I-81. After completing the check-in process, the desk clerk told me they would need a credit card for incidentals. Mind you I was only going to be in the hotel for a few hours of sleep & wouldn't be incurring any incidental charges. She politely explained that was their policy & I politely explained that since my stay was to be a direct bill & that there would not be any incidental charges, I was not comfortable with giving her my credit card. (Bear in mind that in the past, I have been charged for a hotel stay, although not at this location, even though I have a direct bill program.) She stated that was the only way that she could continue with the check-in process. I asked if they were willing to make an exception & she said no. I then took my business to the Holiday Inn Express in Woodstock, VA just down the interstate.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CPC_LLC
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed here en route from SC to PA, family of 5, including 3 kids.

The location is convenient to to I-81. The hotel is clean, and the breakfast area is large. We have stayed in other Fairfield Inns, in the same type of room (2 queen, plus sofa bed, fridge/microwave). At this one, the room seemed a bit larger, and had very high ceilings. (We were on the first floor.)

The staff was very friendly and helpful, despite being very busy as they were quite full.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#1 of 3 in Middletown
The Mimslyn Inn
The Mimslyn Inn
#1 of 9 in Luray

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley? Share your experiences!