Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Arkansas
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Good place to stop in the valley. Nice rooms, very nice hotel. Parking was congested on our last stop in early August and the hotel was busy both times we stopped. Make a reservation to be sure you have a room..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Trumbull, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The room was clean and in good condition. The pool was small but the hot tub was a normal size and just fine. Staff was nice and even though we arrived early and couldn't check in until 2:30. Breakfast was fair. Would definitely consider staying again.

Room Tip: Rooms that are close to the road have a bad view of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jonesborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at this Fairfield on our way to the ManUnited Milan soccer match in Washington DC. The staff was friendly. They do put a charge on your credit card for incidentals which didn't disappear from my credit card activity for several days after checkout so be aware if you have an issue with credit limits. The hotel was clean, the exercise room was fine for us (2 treadmills and an elliptical) and we had access to it anytime with our room key. We didn't use the pool but we saw it and it was small and indoor but looked clean. Our room was very nice and clean - not huge but we didn't plan to use it except to sleep. The TV worked well (small flat panel) and I liked the layout of the bathroom with the vanity inside the bath instead of separate like many hotels. It is conveniently located right off of I-81 and about 90 minutes to DC on I-66 depending on the traffic of course. All in all very enjoyable for 2 nights rest. Quiet except for some people stomping on the floor above us - I think they had a child who needed some exercise. Breakfast was nicely done - the usual fare but a spacious area to sit. Very quiet town. We visited an antique shop (in another review) and the Woobine Farm Market (in another review). Very pretty area too.

3 Thank FoxFamily00
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff is very friendly, especially Nicole at the front desk with her infectious smile. Hotel is clean and convenient to I-81. BUT,,, and I need to reiterate, BUT... when did Marriott endorse smoking at it's properties?
For 10 years I have appreciated the fact that all Marriott's did not permit smoking in their hotels. No where in the hotel.
Checked in. 15 minutes later I could smell cigarette smoke in my room. Went to balcony as I thought it may be from outside, wafting in.
Wrong.
Could not smell cigarette smoke on the balcony.
Back in the room, STRONG smoke odor.
45 minutes later, same problem. Stopped at desk before going to dinner, mentioned someone was smoking and I was told that guests can smoke on their balconies!
Chances just might be that if a smoker CAN smoke on their balcony, they MAY feel liberated enough to smoke in the room.
Not what I signed up for. There are a significant number of hotels that allow smoking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
10 Thank 21353
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night because my husband had a golf tournament in the area the next day. The staff at check-in was very friendly and cheerful. We appreciated that after a long drive. When we walked into the room, we noticed a very strong deodorizer-type smell. We immediately turned the AC fan on to try and help it clear out. We did not ask to change rooms because we were completely exhausted. The bed was as hard as a rock. I was hoping for a refrigerator but we did not have one. The next morning I went to breakfast about 5 minutes before 10. The breakfast closes at 10 and I'm fairly sure the attendant stood by with her watch waiting for the exact minute she could shut the area down. The moment the clock struck 10, she began taking the food away. I am sure she wants to get cleaned up quickly, but there were still people standing there with toast in the toaster. I'm sure she gets tired of the late people but she seemed to be going out of her way to make a point. It just left a bad impression on me. The hotel was quiet and the rest of the staff was great. If we had a room with a view other than the parking lot and strip mall next door, we may have enjoyed our stay a little more.

Cleanliness
3 Thank uhohitsher
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We came in weary after long day of motorcycle riding in the heat. We were greeted by a friendly staff and a tall urn of ice water in the lobby. Aaahhhh! We didn't have reservations, but were able to get a King Suite on the third floor. It faced the mountains and had a balcony we could sit out on. Perfect! We asked for recommendations on shopping (needed a swim suit) and dining. Very helpful and friendly staff. We will come back later this year to enjoy the fall color change and will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Upper floor, mountain side is worth the extra.
      Rooms
1 Thank Michael M
Clinton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed twice here this past Spring. The first time on the Tuesday prior to Easter and then again 23 days latter. Someone else noted this was a gem. I agree 100%. I used their pool, exercise room, business center and a well stocked buffet breakfast. And the front desk, directed us to a good Italian restaurant. And as it turned out, I left my Kindle there on my way South and it was waiting for me on my return. This is a fantastic and growing community and it is not far from many attractions: Washington, Civil War battlegrounds, colleges, covered bridges and the Natural Bridge. If you like to take in nature, are a photographer or just like to enjoy an awesome countryside, then stop here. Let this Strasburg, Va./Northern Virginia Fairfield Inn be the center of your plans and travel as you plan your next trip to the area.

Room Tip: The higher floors give you awesome views that you seldom see at motels along the Interstate.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#1 of 9 in Front Royal
4.5 of 5 stars 675 reviews
Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley? Share your experiences!