“Quite new, comfortable and modern”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed here 1 night early November.

Booked a mountain view room and the rate was very reasonable. Hotel is only a few years old by the looks of it and the decor was quite fresh and modern. Room had a decent sized lounge area and sep bedroom space. Two tv sets - its only a small thing but each one only had about half the channels actually working - not a deal breaker but it was noticeable.

Small balcony looked out on the range of hills in the distance which made for a pleasant outlook. Very strong water pressure in the shower which I appreciated and bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Bathroom was spacious and clean and the room also had a small fridge and a microwave plus coffee maker.

Check out was brisk and quick - no "thanks for staying and did you enjoy your stay" - This trip to the US I stayed in 5 different hotels and from memory only 2 of them asked me if I had enjoyed my stay and thanked me for staying. I don't want to be fawned upon but I would have thought it was common courtesy to say thanks for staying - maybe my expectations are too high.

Anyway my stay was nice enough and it was good value for money. Hotel is close to major interstates and there are a few restaurants in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view/balcony - they are very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vacation

Reviewed November 14, 2013

You always know what to expect when staying at a Marriott property. This was no different. Stayed one night. Property was clean. Room was clean. That's what's important to me. Breakfast was fine. As long as fruit and cereal is offered, I'm set! Location was busy. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary K
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night while sightseeing in this area. Front desk staff was very friendly. Coffee is available all day and it was fresh at 3 pm. Room was clean and spacious. Hotel was nice and quiet. Breakfast is just ok. Good fruit salad and sausage, but the eggs are awful. Very, very nice breakfast staff! We stay in lots of different Marriott lines and althougj Fairfield is more basic, we liked this so much we will stay here again for sure!

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Angiesalga
Reviewed November 3, 2013

What a beautiful hotel? Tastefully decorated, clean, quiet & conveniently located! Everything in this hotel was top notch! The staff was friendly and helpful; addressed a minor issue immediately. The Complimentary breakfast was mediocre but sufficient with a nice variety

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lois H
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a year ago and gave them an average rating. There was certainly nothing to set them apart from other hotels. At that time I commented that the front desk was severely understaffed. This time there were two people available to handle guests. At check in we were given a coupon to use for a 10% discount at several nearby restaurants and we took advantage of that. This hotel is nestled very close to the mountains and some of the rooms have a nice view of them. This visit I asked about getting an upgraded room (glad I did as I had a king reserved and those rooms are tiny). I was given a very nice suite with a balcony and a lovely view of the mountains. It was a shame I was only there a day. We had a room on the third floor and I did hear some people walking around on the 4th floor but I heard nothing after 10:00 p.m. I slept very well but did have to grab a blanket from the closet as the linens are very light (typical Fairfield). Also the towels were very thin and almost insignificant - I’d describe them as cheaply thin. The hotel would be well served to replace their towels. Breakfast was mediocre. In my last review I mentioned that the breakfast was underwhelming. I felt no different this time. The coffee was still weak and the choices were limited. It just seems the hotel doesn't care too much about impressing anyone with breakfast. They finally moved to the hot offerings that Fairfield's are supposed to have now. They offered scrambled eggs made from the "ready to cook" liquid and sausage patties that weren't very tasty. There was bread for toast and bagels. They did not have hot oatmeal (just packages) and I saw no sweet pastries or muffins of any kind. The waffle maker is gone, which I miss. They did have yogurt so I settled for toast and yogurt and that was enough to get me going. Once the towels and replaced and breakfast improved this will be a super place to stay. Until then I consider it just average.

Room Tip: Stay away from king bedded rooms and try and get a mountain view.
Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived late afternoon around 4 pm and check in and took our luggage to the room. Then went to the little strip mall next door to the hotel. There was a Italian Restaurant with pizza and a Chinese Restaurant. We decided to go for the the Chinese for take out. It was a buffet type but they prepared our take out in the kitchen and we were very happy. The room was very nice and the shower was particularly great.

Room Tip: Stayed on the second floor had a good view of our car.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Liked everything about it, but the breakfast. Rooms were large, clean, comfortable, and quiet. Up to date furnishings and no deferred maintenance issues. You may want to skip breakfast and go somewhere else. Powdered eggs and greasy sausage, and not much else to pick from.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
Hotel Strasburg
Hotel Strasburg
#4 of 5 in Strasburg
Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley? Share your experiences!