“Clean and well maintained with easy on/off access to I-81.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent one night here on our road trip from NC to CT. We had called ahead to let them know we would not be checking in until 1am as we had gotten a late start. I am so glad we called, because they were booked solid when we finally arrived at 2am and they had kept the room for us which was a relief. The woman at the front desk said she was waiting for us. What they did not have for us was a parking spot. A guest had parked his U-haul across 3 or 4 parking spots (very rude) and we had to park in another parking lot near a shed. The woman at the front desk was aware that the guest with the U-haul had parked where he did and I’m not sure why she didn’t request that he move it to the parking lot near the shed since she seemed bothered by it, too.

Anyway, we were pleasantly surprised by the room which was a good size and clean which is one of my most important criteria in reviewing a hotel. The complimentary breakfast was ok – nothing special. It had the usual waffle maker, fruit, cereal, juice and not much more. The coffee dispensers in the dining area and in the lobby were both empty.

The location is great. It is literally a minute off of I-81, but it’s not so close that you can hear the interstate traffic – easy on/off access.

Overall, it is a clean and well maintained hotel with friendly staff in a great location. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here after a trip to luray caverns and a 4 hour skyline drive. They seemed a bit short staffed, but willing and able to meet my needs for more towels and restaurant suggestions. Room was clean and the hallways are very nice. They also have a pool and jacuzzi so the kids were in heaven. I would stay here again when traveling i81

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the couch.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I've stayed here twice now. Both times I have been very happy. The rooms are big. I've usually had a hallway and a BIG bathroom, a small living room and a big bedroom with two beds. I've also had lovely views of the mountains. (I opted for rooms on a higher floor because I figured the view would be better.)

Everything is always really clean. The staff are helpful and friendly. And the beds aren't bad for a hotel bed. Not quite the slab of concrete I'm used to. (Although if you like super-firm beds, you might not agree.)

I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2012

One of the better mid budget hotels with very reasonable prices for excellent big rooms. The hotel is on the outskirts of Strasburg within a minute access of the main highway to very easy in and out but far enough away from the traffic noise. Breakfast is adequate and for lunch/dinner you have Italian, Chinese, Dennys, MacDonalds and Arbys all within a 100yds

Its an excellent base if you want to tour the Shenandoh valley/Skyline Drive and rich in Civil War history.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a softball tournament for seven nights, twelve 9-10 year old girls and their families. HVAC in pool and whirlpool are broke on third day so we were without for entire stay. Hotel management went out of there way to secure a local pool for our girls to attend on our off day from playing. Breakfast area was always clean and well stocked. Housekeeping had room cleaned and well stocked everyday. Front desk staff did a wonderful job of ensuring that each of us felt at home during our week long stay. Hannah could not have been more accomodating. I would definitely recommend thishotel to anyone looking for a hotel in his area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very clean and well maintained hotel convenient to the highway. Wonderful staffand the woman responsible for the breakfast area kept it clean and well stocked. This was our first time staying at a Fairfield Inn and we were impressed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Pool and whirlpool were closed - basically the reasons I chose this hotel. No apologies nor discounts were given. In addition, a group of demon children by way of girls baseball team ran the halls ALL night.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank JDBerry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
Hampton Inn Front Royal
Hampton Inn Front Royal
#1 of 10 in Front Royal
Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley? Share your experiences!