“Clean, comfortable, good value for the price”

Hampton Inn Stony Creek
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stony Creek
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We stayed here for one night while traveling through on I95. Easy on/off the interstate. We have a small dog and got a pet room for an extra $20. We were pleasantly surprised by the room itself. The beds had nice linens and comfortable pillows, the shower was clean and had good water pressure. We were given a code for free internet access. The front desk was very helpful in directing us toward some decent takeout (won't leave the dog behind to bark). Breakfast in the morning was well-stocked. Would stay here again anytime. Only negative (and it's minor) was that the A/C unit was a little noisy, but most are.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 24, 2010

Recently, I completed the email survey sent to me about my unpleasant experience at this Hampton Inn. In that survey, I requested/demanded that restitution be made to me through the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Program. The Free Hot Breakfast promised was not available at 9:45 AM , although the written announcement said that it ran until 10:00 AM . The woman in charge laughed at me as if I was a nit-picker to insist that the inn should live up to its stated arrangement and said it was too much trouble to make more bacon and eggs. (She also seems to have employed her minor children as helpers, which may be a violation of state child-labor laws.) To date, I have not heard anything from Hampton Inns management regarding my request for a refund.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I stayed here with my husband and daughter for one night. We were traveling home from Orlando, Florida to New Jersey, and just needed a place to sleep for the night. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was a typical Hampton Inn. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. I didn't notice noise from the highway and the hotel itself seemed to be pretty quiet.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2009

We stopped for one night driving down to FL from MA; hotel is right off I95 (easy ramp access off & on). Service was very warm, friendly & informative. Room was comfortable & spacious and bed was superior giving us both an excellent night's rest in spite of droning traffic noise penetrating our highway facing window. Breakfast could have been better, foods and drinks that should have been hot were barely warm at best. Not enough negatives to put us off on stopping here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2009

My wife and I stayed here one night after being at Myrtle Beach. We were exhausted and the beds and pillows are so comfortable. This Hampton Inn is pet friendly, and when I made reservations she told she have me on the first floor and near one of the doors so walking our dog was easy. Thank you, Brittany, the day manager. We have always had nice stays at Hampton Inn and this is par with the rest. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, great staff, the complimentary breakfast is typical for the Hampton Inn. Recommend this motel for anyone traveling with or without a pet.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We picked this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. We didn't expect it to be as nice as other Hampton Inns because of the low rate but it was perfect. Super friendly front desk. Room was clean. Other reviews talked about truck noise but we only heard a truck once and it was early in the evening. Excellent internet service. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2009

This Hampton was not the nicest one I've stayed in, but certainly above the quality of many hotels I've been to. The biggest plus? Pets are allowed!
The bathroom was large, the dining area was attractive and seated many, the room was large (we had a room with a king sized bed so there was also a small desk, couch, and fridge with freezer). A fairly dated looking television. Bed was comfortable and cleaning staff was very friendly. I did not hear any highway noise and breakfast was great (one of the best parts of all Hampton Inns). My only problem was that we checked in late and were not given a code to access the high speed internet, which I needed for some late-night work--I was forced to work from my Blackberry. Regardless of that problem, I would return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Gateway Inn
Gateway Inn
#10 of 19 in Petersburg
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Emporia, VA

Been to Hampton Inn Stony Creek? Share your experiences!