Hampton Inn Stony Creek
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn & Suites(Stony Creek)
Gateway Inn(Petersburg)
Rodeway Inn(Petersburg)
Quality Inn(Petersburg)
View Hotel
All reviewstruck stopsmall dogcomplimentary breakfast isroom was cleana pet friendly hotelbreakfast staffgreat place to staywould stay here againoff the highwaythe breakfast areafront desk clerkconvenient locationpleasant staywaffleseasy accessfloridadennys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2008

Never stayed at a Hampton Inn before but always heard such rave reviews and saw the billboards with the hostess carrying a "real" breakfast so I just had to try one. This is a very clean and comfortable inn. Excellent check-in, clean and quiet room with very nice bed and linens. All is as advertised until the so-called hot breakfast. First, there was no host/hostess overseeing the area. Next, the four large coffee urns had been allowed to run dry with no refill in sight. Next, the one hot item, and I mean only one was left in the warmer, consisted of a barely warm bagel half which had some kind of egg-cheese-bacon concoction smeared on it. This was also not refilled during the time I sat in the breakfast area. Apparently, the desk clerk had the responsibility of the breakfast as well and was not doing much about it. A very poor impression which will lead me to say I wouldn't go out of my way to stay at a Hampton Inn when there are clean and safe and cheaper places in most areas. Perhaps because of the limited number of hotels at this exit (2), they feel they can skimp somewhere and the breakfast was it at this location. Again, other than this one negative, this is a very clean and restful stopover.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2008

This Hampton Inn is new and beautiful and was an excellent choice.
Great check-in
Clean
Large rooms
comfy beds and bedding
good breakfast choices
convenient location

There is nothing I could say negative about this property. Great choice

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Very nicely done with easy access to 95. Pool is a nice touch for this with kids (especially since there is NOTHING to do around here). My only problem was their term "fitness room". A few treadmills and that was it. No weights or machines.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Leaving after our second stay at the Hampton Inn, Stony Creek, my husband's forgot his Blackberry and charger in the hotel room. We were well down the road toward SC before he missed it's familiar buzz. When we phoned Hampton's front desk, the staff member on duty went immediately to the room, where she found the items. Hampton carefully packed the Blackberry and charger, and sent them by express mail to our destination.

For this stay, we were placed in a ground floor king room. The room was quite convenient for moving luggage, or grabbing a cup of tea or coffee (available 24-hours per day). However, next time I will request a room on an upper floor ...

The ground floor, non-smoking room was lovely and immaculately clean; but, I felt that the air was "stuffier" than on the higher floors. I prefer to smell only fresh linens and scented soaps, but this room had odd sweet smell, like heavy air freshener.

The ground level houses the restaurant, work out room, etc., and looks onto the parking lot. There is no way to open the windows, so you have to rely on the AC filter to clear the air of any ambient aromas that may have drifted in from the common areas. I suspect that the upper floors, with guest rooms only, may be a bit "fresher".

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiawahvilla
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Recently had an overnight stay at the Hampton Inn in Stony Creek, Virginia, directly off of Interstate 95. Never expect much from hotels off of this roundway. In fact, they are usually down right scary. Our stay was excellent - clean rooms that were stylish and up to date, a very friendly and accomodating staff, safe and secure environment. We were traveling with a service dog and we felt very well taken care of by the front desk personnel. Would recommend this stop to I95 travelers.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family