“Customer Satisfaction That Sets the Standard for All to Follow”

Hampton Inn Stony Creek
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stony Creek
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We always make it a point to stay at The Stony Creek Hampton Inn when traveling to the Northeast and back home to Florida. We found this wonderful hotel many years ago when it first opened and based on our 5 Star experience then would not consider any other hotel in the area. This Hampton Inn is kept in impeccable condition and their staff also far exceeds guest expectations. Last week we again traveled through Stony Creek and spent a night at our favorite Hampton Inn. We have been accustomed to the welcomed greeting and of course their chocolate chip cookies on our arrival and and again not disappointed. We checked in and went to our room that was perfect as always. After a long trip, we decided to go down to the outdoor pool and decompress for a while. We noticed that the hotel had installed a power lift chair to assist the handicapped guests into the pool. What a great feature to provide to their guests. After resting for a while, we went over to our favorite Italian restaurant, Little Italy for dinner and again had a great meal and service. The next morning, we had a great complimentary breakfast at the hotel, then checked and continued our trip. When arriving at our destination, I noticed that my IPad was missing and realized I had left it at the Hampton Inn. I immediately called Tamika Gant, the general manager of the hotel to advise her of this. Tamika had our room searched and could not find the IPad but told me she would search all areas of the hotel and get back with me. Tamika followed up with me many times but unfortunately was unable to locate my IPad. She told me that they have had no problems like this ever and all items that were left behind including cash, diamonds, phones, etc. we're always returned to their guests. Tamika contacted her management and made the decision to replace my IPad at no cost to me. I understand that they really have no responsibility for my lost items and yet this is just another example of excellent customer care. If anyone is in the Stony Creek area, do yourself a favor and stay at this Hampton Inn right off I95; you won't be disappointed. Tamika and her staff really do set the standard for all to follow.

Room Tip: They are all impeccably clean and very comfortable. All are interior rooms with elevator access.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin S
Tamika G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stony Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

We would like to Thank You for being a valued Guest and appreciate your business, without you there would be no us. We love the great feedback and glad you choose to stay with us every time you are in the area. It is my pleasure to assist my Guest in any circumstance and we want to ensure you are 100% satisfied and come back to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were traveling with a pet and this was the only Hampton Inn that was pet friendly in the Richmond/Petersburg area according to my search. Also traveling with an elderly parent. Staff accommodated special request for first floor room near exit. I always find Hampton Inn's beds very comfortable and this hotel was no exception. Breakfast variety was good and there even was a person asking if you needed anything, as well as re-stocking items. Very convenient to I-95 exit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We would like to Thank You for staying with us and we appreciate your business. We Thank You for the great compliment and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stay at the Hampton Inn Stony Creek Virgina at least once a year when we travel with our three children-two of whom are autistic. Quick service is a must for us. People with autism have difficulty waiting and it can cause a melt-down. Check-in and chek-out is fast and courteous and the breakfast bar is continually restocked by friendly staff. We'll never stay anyuwhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A fairly typical Hampton Inn on the busy I - 95 corridor. Quiet, comfortable room; the inn is located in a rural section of southern Virginia. Staff is very pleasant and helpful, particularly the delightful woman that provides the excellent breakfast offerings. If you are traveling a long distance and stop for the evening and need a place to eat, there is not much at all in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very friendly staff, cleanliness of the hotel overall is good. The free breakfast had a lot to choose from and was great for weary travelers. We were traveling with a pet and found this hotel to be very accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel is in a nice location, easy off and on I95. There are several restaraunts nearby for dinner and fuel is also available at this exit. The hotel is nice and clean. I would definetly stay at this hotel if in the area in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tamika G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stony Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank You for being a Guest at our location, we are glad you decided to stay with us, we know that you had a choice and we are glad you chose us. If there is anything we could have done better please let me know and we hop to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a very satisfactory Hampton Inn.The price is lower than Hopewell or Mechanicsville and is about 1&1/2 hours to D.C(traveling north)cookies on the counter,clean room,clean bathroom,and no dust in lobby.No surprises,why I stay at Hampton.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank You for being a Guest at our property, we appreciate your business and glad you decided to share with us how your stay went. IF there is anything we could have done better please let me know and we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stony Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
12 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee

Been to Hampton Inn Stony Creek? Share your experiences!