“Top Notch Personal Service”

Hampton Inn Stony Creek
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stony Creek
Reviewed April 18, 2012

While traveling recently I had to make a last minute stop at the Stony Creek Hampton Inn in Virginia. Not only were the last minute rates affordable, the free breakfast included was a feast.

The room was extremely clean and comfortable. Upon entering our room I found a personalized, typed letter expressing their pleasure of my visit and a number for expedited service.

I will stay at this hotel again (last time we stayed in Rocky Mt, NC and found the price VERY high).

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling I-95 corridor through Virginia.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stormi-1-n-only

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We were traveling to Georgia and made reservations to stop at this property on both the trip down and back home. I have stayed at many Hampton's (and Hilton properties) and feel that I am brand loyal in that respect. This location rates high in my opinion due to several factors.

One of the reason we chose this location was its proximity to I-95. It runs right next to it. Easy off and back on to the highway.

We were greeted very warmly when we arrived both times. The property was clean and the hotel itself was very appealing in the interior common areas. They have the requisite work out room and pool which unfortunately was closed on our visits.

The room was very clean and had plenty of space for our family of three. It had a microwave and mini fridge. The flat screen T.V. was big enough for all to see and the beds we super comfortable after our long journey's.

Breakfast was served and was very good. My favorite part of the stay was a welcome note awaiting me on both occasions. I was impressed as I have never received anything like this in hotel chains of any name. Very nice touch.

The only bad thing I can say is that there is not much around it in terms of places to eat. There is a denny's and an Italian restaurant which was closed when we were there. Other than that I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay!

Room Tip: Our room (both times) was a standard room and it was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff G
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The rooms met my Hampton Inn expectations. Very clean lobby, friendly personnel. Rooms comfortable and clean. Price little high for location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Desk clerk was helpful and efficient. The Lobby and the rooms are decorated nicely and well kept. The beds are comfortable. The room and bathroom were very clean. I would definitely stay here again. It's nice to find a good place that accepts dogs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 1 night on Sunday, March 4, 2012. The staff at check-in and check out was great, room was clean, and we were pleasantly surprised with how clean and fresh the continental breakfast was. It was pretty basic, but it was all we needed for the morning. The woman in the breakfast area was also very sweet and was on top of keeping everything stocked and counters clean. We will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Driving from the north to south or vice versa, this is a perfect stop. The rooms are immaculate, the staff was very personable and helpful. Breakfast buffet was typical. Nice hotel right I95.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justretired09
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is just a so-so hotel in a convenient location just off I95. I think that it could be better managed. First, the good points. The rooms, bathrooms, and public areas were clean, and the bed was comfortable.

Among the negatives are the HVAC system which was quite noisy and cycled on and off a LOT! The check in person wasn’t at the desk when we came in and there was a line of about 4 people waiting to check in, so it moved along slowly. A small matter was that the cookies, which were supposed to be available, were only for weekday guests. I guess they’re more important than weekend travelers.

The breakfast was alright except for the fruit which tasted like canned fruit cocktail. We really couldn’t eat it. The breakfast service person, however, was an unusually gracious and pleasant person - one of the nicest we’ve encountered in our stays at this type of hotel.

Overall, I’d say that we might stay here again for convenience, but if we found a better hotel along the way, we’d switch to that one.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Gateway Inn
Gateway Inn
#10 of 19 in Petersburg
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Emporia, VA

Been to Hampton Inn Stony Creek? Share your experiences!