“Great night's sleep right off I-95”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stony Creek
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I can not say enough good things about our recent stay at this Sleep Inn. While we were not traveling with our pets, I was pleased to see such an animal friendly establishment that was well kept. They must hire only the most friendly folks around to work there. I had to inquire about a pharmacy and was promptly given directions and hours to the local pharmacy and grocery store in the little local town just down the road. Thank you so much!!

The room was tidy, the bathroom was clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The A/C worked quickly to cool down the room and amazingly we slept peacefully even with 95 and railroad tracks nearby. The morning breakfast had enough to offer even the pickest of eaters, but there is also a local Denny's, Burger King and Subway nearby.

The location is just off I-95, but slightly out of the way for our trip (Lake Rawlings for Scuba), but it was worth the 20-30 minute quiet drive back and forth to stay in such a nice, clean, comfortable place that is pet friendly.

We have to drive to N.C. soon and will be going out of our way again by about 18 miles, just to stay at this Sleep Inn. with our dogs this time. It is well worth it to us to have a clean, comfortable, pet friendly hotel after a 4+ hour drive from Maryland.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 19, 2008

My husband, our three parrots and myself stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites both on the way up north to Maine and heading home to south Florida. The hotel is very convenient to I95. It’s right next to the highway but it’s still a quiet nights sleep.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had asked for the same room we had going north because it was convenient getting cages in and out of the side door. When we arrived we were told that the refrigerator in the room was broken so we were quickly given another room a few doors down.

Our floor had several dogs staying in rooms also. My husband and I are allergic to cats and dogs but we had no ill effects from any past guests that might have stayed in our room. In the back of the hotel is a very large grassy area that accommodates the dog walkers nicely.

Overall it is clean, quiet and very pet friendly. We would probably stay there again if the situation arises.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Stayed at this hotel on July 17, 2008 on our way to Charleston, SC. We arrived after 1am and the front desk clerk was just so wonderful to help us quickly get checked in and into bed. Easy location off of I-95. We booked a double bed room that had ample pillows and clean sheets. Basic TV, large desk with a nice chair if you needed to work on your laptop, etc. Basic bathroom with bath/shower combo. Room was clean but very hot and muggy when we first entered as the A/C had not been left on. (Def. not a problem for us, why waste electricity when no one is there to use it) Took about 5-10 minutes for the room to cool down so I would say the A/C worked quite well. Did not see the breakfast in the am as we slept in and then hit the road. There is a Hampton Inn and a Denny's Diner right next door. Starbucks close by, but, who knows for how long as I just heard a bunch of them will be closing. No riff-raff seen on the property. Like I said, we arrived after 1am and had no problems unpacking the SUV and straightening things out before arriving at the front door. Front door locked but the clerk buzzed us in as soon as she saw us get close enough to reach the door. Had a little trouble setting the alarm clock but who knows how many times that thing has been knocked on the floor by people.....but we got it working so no biggie. Perfect place for an I-95 "need a safe, clean hotel at a great price" stop.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Annabelle at the front desk was excellent - very friendly, experienced, and well groomed. We stayed in a nice size quiet king room in the back. Comfortable bed. Poor towels. Average breakfast with waffles.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2008

A few times a year I drive from New York City to my hometown in Georgia and back again. I always take my wheaten terrier along but I don't always find a decent pet-friendly place to stay when I decide to stop for the night. On my most recent trip down South, I pulled over around 11 pm and was turned down by five hotels. So, before starting the return drive to NYC, I decided to reserve a room ahead of time. The Stony Creek Sleep Inn met all of my criteria: 1) pet-friendly 2) affordable, offers a AAA discount 3) located where I may launch a pre-dawn assault on the Washington, D.C. traffic and 4) a reliable source of A.M. espresso is nearby! With a Starbucks and a 24-Hour Travel Center at Exit 33, the hotel has a perfect location. The friendly, charming woman working the front-desk when I checked in could not have been more personable or more efficient. The hotel is clean, well-kept and has many more amenities -- fitness room, indoor pool, HBO, free WiFi -- than I expected or will have the opportunity to enjoy -- so much so that I almost wish my stay was longer. I'm mentally bookmarking this hotel; I will definitely be back

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2007

This hotel is a great little secret off of I 95. The hotel was very clean and the air conditioning worked well. The front desk staff greeted us warmly and were very accommodating. There is a free breakfast in the morning, but we left too early to take advantage of it. The hotel was quiet and right off of 95. The best part was the price - $80 a night. The only drawback was that the only places to eat were Dennys and Burger King unless you get back on 95 and drive a bit. Overall, I highly recommend this Sleep Inn.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank njrangerfan
Reviewed February 28, 2007

We stayed here on the way from FL back to New England.

We stayed in a Non-Smoking King Suite on the 2nd Floor.

The room is HUGE! The king bed was very comfortable. There is a huge desk in the room. There is a full sized pull out sofa which my daughter said was very comfortable. The bathroom has a jacuzzi tub / shower. WIFI is free in the room.

The hotel has an indoor pool.

Breakfast is hot/cold -- they have a great Belgian Waffle Maker.

They have a playscape in the back and are pet friendly.

The staff was very nice here.

I would definitely stay there for a few nights if I was going to be touring the area.

This is a smaller stop off the highway. There is a Hampton Inn also there and a Denny's and a Huge Gas Station with a Starbucks and Subway and Mini-Mart there.

Definitely a nice place to stay off the highway.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Stony Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!