“Good Overnight Stop”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stony Creek
Venice, Florida
“Good Overnight Stop”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for one night on our way north.The motel was convenient to I-95 and was clean and comfortable.Wasn't able to use the travel coupon,but being a Choice Gold Card Member we did get an upgrade to a suite for $95.Front desk clerk was friendly and competent.Stony Creek is sort of nowhere,so not much for dining except Denny's,Subway and a fast food place.Gas station available.The motel was very crowded so we didn't stay for breakfast.
All in all this is a good overnight stop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM_VA338, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for your comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Lee, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The staff at this hotel was warm and friendly. Everything was nice and clean. When I was having issues with the internet connection, the staff helped fix the issue. I thought the TV connection was messed up at first but the young lady at the front desk talked me through it successfully. Their staff there is amazing! And there is always cheery music playing downstairs. They have towels in the pool area for us to use so I didn't have to waste my own or the ones in the room. I always have an overall wonderful stay when I come here!

Room Tip: The rooms to the back of the hotel don't suffer from as much noise as the ones in the front do.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_VA338, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St Helena Is
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have stayed there many times. The staff seemed non responsive. We called down because the TV would not work. It said, "No Signal" They told us to tune in channel 12. That did not work. Called down a second time. Same answer. Still did not work. At breakfast guest were cleaning up tables so other could sit.

Room Tip: No room service. No restaurant. Plenty of nearby places for food.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GM_VA338, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Also we have did an upgrade on our cable channels.
Jamesburg, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

For an average room this hotel is a bit pricey. I called the hotel 20 minutes prior to arriving and asked for the AAA rate, was quoted a rate, then upon arrival I was told there were no more AAA rooms for the night. When I complained I just called 20 minutes earlier, the manager said give her the AAA rate.The following morning the bill arrived under my door and it was for the wrong amount, had to go to front desk and have it adjusted for AAA rate. The room clean, but lacked the details in cleaning like behind the bathroom door. The beds were average, I was so tired though I did get a good nights sleep. Breakfast was average.

Room Tip: Unless you have to stop here I would shop around for a better deal.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GM_VA338, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2013

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience
South Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night on my way back home to South Carolina from New Hampshire. I have also been a Choice Club member for a long time. The check in process at this hotel was a nightmare. The clerks could not get the rates for the people checking in correct and it was chaos. In the morning after receiving my bill in my room with the wrong room rate I went down to check out and get the rate corrected. The clerk at the counter was totally rude and refused to listen and make the proper corrections to my room rate. This was the most unhelpful person I have ever met in all my 50 years of travel I very rarely complain but I filed a formal complaint with Choice customer service. Choice corrected my bill and offered their apologies. The rooms were clean and the breakfast acceptable. Avoid this hotel if you can!!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

A nice quiet place to stay. Although next door to a truck stop you can hardly believe the quietness of the room. A good breakfast variety and twenty four hour coffee availability is always a nice treat. Friendly desk and housekeeping staff beyond belief.
About the only negative I have to say is the indoor pool could be bigger.

• Stayed July 2013
our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Its hard to find a good cost-benefit hotel last minute, and this was perfect!
A one night stop during our family road trip and at this hotel we found not just a good price but also a friendly and attentive front desk who provided a smooth and quick check in (important since we were very very tired from driving the whole day). We stayed at a suite and it was excellent- very clean and comfortable! Modern decor throughout the hotel.
Too bad we had to get going before breakfast hour.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us we try to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stony Creek
#6 of 12 in Emporia
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!