“Excellent flavor, fresh food”
Review of 4912 Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Ashburn, Virginia
“Excellent flavor, fresh food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would only give a 5-star rating to a restaurant like at the Ritz Carlton, so 4 stars is very good. The spicy beef salad was just scrumptious and made me want to bring the plate up to my mouth and sip off the juice that remained after eating it all. I ordered my favorite standard -- Pad Thai -- and it was outstanding. Many places make this dish but few get it right. This one was flavorful, fresh and served hot. Prices are very reasonable, in line with most restaurants. The staff was friendly and provided quick service. If your plan is for dinner and a movie, it's just a few steps away from the movie theater -- can't beat the location. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013

Sterling, Virginia
“Very good”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I agree with some other reviewers that this is not THE BEST Thai food you will ever eat. But it is good food, great service, decent prices, clean, close to a theatre if you want an easy dinner-and-a-movie evening. No complaints. Will probably return due to location and value.

• Visited January 2013
Bonn, Germany
“Dumbed down Asian cuisine”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was very disappointed with the food I got at this place. I have been to many Thai restaurants (with Thai friends) that serve authentic food, but unfortunately this was not one. Everything is soaked in lots of sauce, which definitely comes out of a bottle. You can definitely taste the artificial flavoring :(
I want to go back there and ask the (all Thai) staff to get something authentic, maybe they'll do it.
On the positive side: Very quick service and clean!

Visited November 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Consistently GREAT”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I always eat here before or after a movie because the theaters are only a few steps away. There are MANY dining choices in the same shopping area, and I have tried most of them. However, none serve such consistently great food as 4912.

I love spicy food - their Thai basil dishes and drunken noodles really stand up to the test for great flavor, not just HOT. We're talking broad flavors from fresh ingredients that are well prepared and presented. I've been here many times and never been disappointed. I often come with my mother, who cannot tolerate spicy seasoning at all. The Pad Thai that she orders is delicious and mild with a great medley of subtle flavors. The ginger dishes and more mundane cashew chicken is also very flavorful and well prepared.

I salivate just writing about this and look forward to my next trip here!

• Visited November 2012
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Great Thai!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, great food (pad thai and spicy fried rice are personal favorites) and the cocktails are yummy! I can eat there every week!