“Glad We Dropped In”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were looking for a breakfast place and stumbled onto Mimi's in the Dulles shopping center on Dulles Town Circle. Had a great breakfast, service was very nice. Will return when we go back to this area.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a simple restaurant, earthy with a tinge of plushness about it, serving acceptable fare, just behind the Dulles Town Center (in what they call 'Restaurant Park'). Two features in the menu stand out - the nutritional info and the way they had ordered the wines (from light to heavy, from floral to fruity, etc).
The food was nice and flavorful - my Madeira crepes came filled with juicy chicken and the sauce had a nice piquancy to it. My wife's Mediterranean pasta was the right level of taste and creaminess. Overall a nice meal.
Service was prompt, friendly and efficient.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was average nothing great ,the service was fine nothing great . The bread they brought was really good really happy with that but it's just okay nothing great

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I met a friend for a 9:00 a.m. breakfast, so they weren't busy. The selection of breakfast items was amazing from a full breakfast to muffins. The atmosphere was upscale from a Bob Evans, IHOP type yet not fancy. The prices were a bit higher by maybe a dollar or two than either of those places but then so was the atmosphere. Another thing that I liked was that they published the calories of each item, which really just helped me with my selection but didn't keep me from getting what I wanted, a Belgian waffle. My friend chose a Be Fit type of breakfast, both with coffee. Our bill including tax and tip was $13.00 each.

The service was good and we weren't rushed.

If you want a place that's just a little nicer, go to Mimi's.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

One Sunday afternoon, I suddenly felt I just had to go shopping, and if I went shopping, that meant I wouldn't be home to fix dinner. When faced with this dilemma, my husband sensibly agreed to go with me and hang out at Dulles Town Center while I shopped, then go for a late lunch/early dinner (or something) around 3:00/3:30. On a whim, I convinced him to go somewhere we'd never been--Mimi's Cafe. At that time of day, there weren't many other customers, of course, but even so,we had wonderfully quick and attentive service. I had the chicken crepes, and my husband had the bœuf bourguignon (with marvelous mashed potatoes), but we each sampled heavily from each other's food. Both were quite good, the servings were plentiful and hot, attractively presented, and the martinis were icy cold and made just as ordered. All in all, it was a very positive experience, and we would certainly go again!

1  Thank Vicki_in_Virginia