“A pleasant surprise”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
South Riding, Virginia, United States
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

One Sunday afternoon, I suddenly felt I just had to go shopping, and if I went shopping, that meant I wouldn't be home to fix dinner. When faced with this dilemma, my husband sensibly agreed to go with me and hang out at Dulles Town Center while I shopped, then go for a late lunch/early dinner (or something) around 3:00/3:30. On a whim, I convinced him to go somewhere we'd never been--Mimi's Cafe. At that time of day, there weren't many other customers, of course, but even so,we had wonderfully quick and attentive service. I had the chicken crepes, and my husband had the bœuf bourguignon (with marvelous mashed potatoes), but we each sampled heavily from each other's food. Both were quite good, the servings were plentiful and hot, attractively presented, and the martinis were icy cold and made just as ordered. All in all, it was a very positive experience, and we would certainly go again!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Vicki_in_Virginia

Massillon, Ohio
“Good People, Good Food, Great Experience.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Service was exceptional! Very customer service oriented. Good food at a good price. Very tasty. My first time I received two complimentary muffins as I departed. I returned the next day and received the same great service!

Visited June 2013
Washington DC
“Delicious food and awesome muffins!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I frequent Mimi's Cafe at the Dulles Town Center. They have recently changed their menu and this was our first visit since their update. We loved the restaurant before and now it's even better! They have a "pick 3" option where you pick your meat, your sides, and your sauce. You can pick from an assortment of meat including beef, chicken, pork, and at least 3 different kinds of fish (salmon, sole, and mahi mahi). Then you pick 2 sides ranging from rice, a few different potato options, and lots and lots of veggie options, and then your sauce as appropriate for your meat. Then you have an option of adding a shrimp skewer or crab cake for $2.00. I got the mahi mahi with a lemon caper sauce, string beans and broccoli, with a shrimp skewer, and it was absolutely delicious! My husband got the sole with mashed potatoes and creamed corn and equally liked it. Then I always top off my meal with a buttermilk spice muffin! Best EVER! I love this new updated menu and am looking forward to my next visit. FYI - there are still lots of old favorites from the previous menu. This one just has an updated look with some new options! Service for us has always been friendly and very prompt!

Middletown, DE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Management Needs Replaced-Stay Away”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I don't have time to write up all the bad things we experienced today at Mimi's in Dulles Town Center. So the short review is; food was very average to terrible- burnt and dry Brioche French Toast and we waited 45 minutes for our food while other guests that arrived well after us got their food well before us. Their excuse was that the kitchen was backed up - [--] as others were getting served. On top of everything there was no apology even when we settled the check. They apparently expect this is the way to run a restaurant.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Must try the Cinnamon Brioche French Toast!!!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My son and I were in Sterling this past weekend and I was looking for a place to eat breakfast on Sunday, before we left for South Carolina. Read the reviews of Mimi's and decided to give it a try. Very glad we did! We were seated quickly. (loved the interior but it was far from Southern, unless you were talking about the South of France). I ordered the Cinnamon Brioche French Toast. All I can say was amazing!!! Loved every bite. My son ordered the Pancakes Breakfast. It was also cooked very nicely.

When we are back in the area we will return.