“Just ok.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went to Mimi's Cafe last Sunday for supper. The restaurant wasn't very crowded. The menu had a couple inserts with two and three course selections. We ordered two of the three course meals ($13.99 each). I had the chicken madeira in crepes. I found them just okay. The sauce had a strong flavor that didn't appeal to me. The waiter was pretty good. The apple crisp dessert was good. The two women next to us that were crabby about everything were rewarded with a couple muffins each for breakfast. Maybe it doesn't pay to be nice. I have been here on other ocassions and really enjoyed the food and service.

1  Thank CWO4Tim

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I really only go here for Breakfast. I love their omelets and I hear great things about their muffins (I cannot eat them because of a food allergy). Good prices and comfortable environment.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This Mimi's has been here for several years now and I remember the crowds and the difficulty getting in when it first opened. My, my, how things have changed! We walked into a very quiet restaurant.
We've been here several times now and our latest visit was the worst. Mimi's always provides a basket of different breads, and we all have our favorites. This time, they rationed out five slices for the five of us instead of the usual generous basket.
Out of all of us, only one was satisfied with his meal. My husband got the "soul" fish which had virtually no flavor. My son, daughter and myself all got meals with beef and ordered them all cooked differently. Evidently, we shouldn't have bothered because they decided that my "medium well" was the template for everyone. I got coleslaw rather than the fries, and it was the worst slaw I've ever had. The cabbage tasted old. I didn't dare finish it. The only one of us who was satisfied ordered a pasta dish.
The waiter was attentive enough, but his clipped accent made him difficult to understand. He had to repeat himself multiple times. He kept the drinks flowing, but never inquired about how we liked our meals. I think he was afraid to ask.
I won't let this Mimi's sully the reputation for all of the chain. I've had much better when I visit the chain's California franchises. But this one is on a downward spiral and will have to work extra hard to bring it back to acceptable standards.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We love Mimi's!

Always on the hunt for a good breakfast restaurant, we stepped into Mimi's on their opening weekend two years ago. We've been back nearly every Saturday since.

While we have been to Mimi's for dinner and I do occasionally get there for lunch, I really feel that Mimi's Cafe is at its best for breakfast.

The breakfast menu is far larger than any other I've seen in the area and that means there is something for everyone. The Eggs Benedict Florentine is my definite favorite but on the rare instance that I'm feeling especially decadent, the Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs is a real treat.

I also bring any new employee to Mimi's for their welcome to the company lunch. With such a wide variety of choice, there really is something for everyone. During lunch, the tomato soup is my favorite. If I eat soup during July in Virginia, you know it has to be good!

The prices are decent and the portions are huge. Most breakfast meals come with a choice of fruit or potatoes, choice of juice and a muffin in addition to your meal. Lunch comes with a basket of various (yummy) breads. If you go home hungry from Mimi's it is definitely all your fault.

Last but not least we feel that the wait staff at Mimi's are some of the best in the area with just the right combination of "friendly and professional".

Let the server know that it is your first visit to Mimi and you will walk out with a sweet treat.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Large family group was accommodated with a smile. Everyone's food was great. Only disappointment was they were out of corn beef which we heard was excellent.