Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I booked this room through Hampton's website. I booked a jacuzzi suite and found the hotel to be immaculate. The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare and very satisfying. The HDTV was impressive.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Scott G
kberkhimer, Owner and Management at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2009

Dear Scottgriffith22,

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback in your TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your visit to the hotel and for taking the time to submit a review. We take all reviews very seriously, as we look for every opportunity to further improve our service.

We are very happy you had a positive experience at our hotel, and we hope you are able to stay with us again the next time you are in Herndon. Also, we’re glad you enjoyed our guest service team at the hotel… we are very lucky to have what we consider to be the best team members in the world.

And lastly, the next time you stay with us, please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

Again, thank you very much for your posting; we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will tell others about your positive experience!

We hope that we will have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

Hampton Inn & Suites - Dulles

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Reviewed February 2, 2009

I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Sterling, VA (Dulles Airport) for 2 nights on January 16th and 17th as I was attending a good friends' wedding. I always try to book Hampton's when I can because they are a solid chain and this one looked especially nice. This Hampton Inn and Suites did not disappoint.

The hotel overall is very beautiful and is both oriented for Business and Leisure travelers. I found myself spending some time in front of the fireplace when I would return to the hotel to warm up from the brutally cold weather outside. Check-in was smooth as I was greeted immediately and had no issues. The room itself (I had 1 king bed) was very nice, the bedding like most Hampton's is simply wonderful. The TV was a flat screen and the real nice thing about this Hampton compared to most was that it was located in the corner, so it was easily visible from both the bed and desk. A pictures attached will show you what I mean. The bathroom was very nice and refined as well. The whole room was very nice and definitely made to accommodate business travelers.

One of the biggest reasons I chose this Hampton Inn and Suites was because of the complimentary airport transportation and the transportation was prompt and good. Calling from Dulles both times the wait time was 10 minutes or less. When going to Dulles (as I had to go there on Saturday to get the Washington Flyer into D.C.) as long as you informed them in advance, the driver and bus were always there. They also have a shuttle that starts around 6:00 pm with other hotels in the area that takes you to area restaurants and shopping. This hotel is really good if you are wanting to do a Park and Fly program or if you are a business traveler needing to be close to the airport to have complimentary shuttles to and from the airport and save money on taxi's.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard for a Hampton Inn and Suites, a mix of hot and cold items. Breakfast attendants were nice and while it was never really busy when I was down there, the attendants kept everything in stock. The hotel also has a great business center area with computers and printers and has a great indoor pool area and exercise room.

The only negative to this hotel is that while it's location is very good for the airport, you are not within walking distance to any restaurants or shopping centers. The only way to get to any restaurants, grocery stores, or the mall is to get the shuttle to take you there. The hotel is also not particularly close to D.C. but if you look at the distance on the Hampton Inn and Suites Website you should know that in advance.

The one thing I want to stand out above all else about this hotel though is their indoor pool area. Since I was here for leisure I did utilize the pool and there is one unique thing about it, there is actually a pool attendant. This is unheard of usually at 3 star hotels like Hampton's. The pool attendant is from somewhere in the middle east (I can not remember his name) but served in the U.S. Army in the middle east. The man is here for a little while and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. If you want to talk to him he will carry a very good conversation with you, but is not overbearing if you really do not want to talk. This is great for young kids as you do not have to worry about watching them every second in the pool area! This man though should receive an award from Hampton and I hope someone from this hotel reads this and gives him the proper recognition.

Overall the hotel is a very good hotel for business travelers needing to be near Dulles but also for leisure travelers. Everything about the hotel is new and professional, and you can not go wrong staying here!

Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank gatorcard83
kberkhimer, Owner and Management at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2009

Hello, gatorcard83 –

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback in your TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your visit to the hotel and for taking the time to submit a review. We take all reviews very seriously, as we look for every opportunity we can get to improve our service.

We are very glad you had a positive experience at our hotel, and we hope you are able to stay with us again the next time you are in Dulles, Virginia. Also, thank you for your loyalty to Hampton Inn & Suites.

We are sincerely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much! We pride ourselves in exceeding our guests expectations and happy to hear that we have done so. In addition, thank you for the feedback regarding the location. As you stated we are not in walking distance to shops and restaurants however we do offer a shuttle service to and from these places.

Again, thank you very much for your posting; and hopefully we will have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

Hampton Inn & Suites – Dulles Airport

Reviewed October 4, 2008

As others have indicated this hotel is convenient to the airport and is quite new. I stayed on a Friday night, which was a quiet time for this hotel. I was upgraded to a 'suite' which had a wet bar and a large seating area - which increased what was already an excellent value (by comparing prices on TripAdvisor, I had a great rate). The bed was comfortable, a new LG flat screen HD tv actually had some HD channels (the TV was not scaled up to the room - but was still very nice). The shower and commode were in a separate area from the main bathroom sink, which is nice if you are sharing a room. The room also had a microwave and mini fridge, and a cup at a time coffee maker.
Standard Hampton Inn hot breakfast was as expected - good options to choose something relatively healthy. The hotel staff was friendly enough at check-in and check-out. In all, it really was both very new and nice.
One note: there's not much in walking distance of the hotel. I had a car which provides many good options within a 5-10 minute drive for food and the like. I imagine that the hotel shuttle would take a guest to find something to eat or to the fantastic Wegman's supermarket, just up Route 28, but I did not test this.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank syrah_fan_69
Reviewed October 1, 2008

The staff and the rooms in this Hampton Inn are fabulous. This was probably one of the best hotel stays of my life, and I travel constantly.
Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The beds are so amazing. I could've stayed in bed all day, and I didn't leave it when I didn't have to go to work. Everything was clean, and I liked the layout of the room.
The only negatives at this hotel that I found are that there is no fridge/microwave in the rooms-which is starting to seem standard at hamptons, and there is only one restaurant in walking distance, and it's a good hike. I have a feeling that most visitors only stay for one night coming and going from the airport, so most people will not mind either of these. It's ok though, eating and drinking only force you to leave the bed....

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank number2cac
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We got stuck at the airport for the night and I called this Hampton Inn and they sent a shuttle right over to get myself and my four year old daughter. The front desk was very kind and seemed genuinely concerned about us being stranded with no luggage, the gave us toiletries and asked if we were hungry. We declined all offers of food and went quickly to our room, my daughter was exhausted. The room was very clean and had a flat screen television with HD channels. We took the shuttle in the morning and the driver said the hotel was less than a year old. It is a top notch Hampton Inn. My only gripe would be the price, around $180, but my family who lives in the area said this is the going rate. Amazing.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank vthokie91
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I'm a fan of the Hilton brands, but this hotel has gone far and above the call of duty. It's a new hotel, so everything is nice and clean. Every room has a flat-screen television and my co-worker said that his room had some kind of crazy jacuzzi tub. Best of all, the folks working here are SUPER friendly. They are respectful (Sir, Ma'am, etc) and have an actual sense of humor. The attitudes of the staff match or surpass those of more expensive elite hotels. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ToBeFreeSpirits
Reviewed June 23, 2008

In order to avoid possible traffic tie-ups on the beltway and getting up at 3 AM for our early morning flight out of Dulles, we decided to try the Hampton Inn's Park, Stay, and Go package. We were very happy that we did!
This Hampton Inn opened last fall, so everything was new and modern. We arrived the evening before our flight. Check-in was done quickly and professionally. As a nice touch, cookies were on the check-in counter. The room was very comfortable and nicely decorated with two queen-sized beds. The modern bathroom was large and well supplied with toiletries.
The complimentary breakfast begins at 6 AM every morning so we were able to eat before we left for the airport. We were the only ones in the breakfast area at 6, and everything was ready for us.
Their complimentary shuttle took us to the airport which is about 5 minutes away. While we were on our trip, our car was parked in the Hampton's Inn's lot. Before we left, we were given a card with a phone number to call when we returned.
When we returned, we called the number, and the shuttle came within 10 minutes to pick us up at the designated area. The shuttle then took us directly to our car. The driver helped us with our luggage.
We were delighted with this Hampton Inn and its Park, Stay, and Go package. It took a lot of hassle out of an early morning flight and parking at Dulles.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Hulagirl74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!