“Great Stay and Leave Your Car”

Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We received the stay 14 deal. We stayed the night before our trip and then were allowed to keep our car there for 14 days with not extra charge. The rooms were clean and updated. The desk staff Jonathan was very friendly and helpful setting up our time for wake up and pick up. The breakfast had many choices and was very good. This place is close to the airport really takes the stress off for departure for a trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SheriBobLove2Travel

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel so I could catch the shuttle to the airport. Check in was fast and they asked what time I needed the shuttle in the morning so they could sign me up for it. The room was clean and looked very nice. My only issue with the room was the thermostat was locked at 68 degrees which is a little too hot for me to sleep. I was surprised that I couldn't lower the temp anymore especially given that it was August. When I got downstairs at 4:15am to catch my shuttle to the airport, I had to look for the desk clerk so I could get my bill. When I asked her where I wait for the shuttle at, she asked if I signed up. I said yes, and she then had to call the shuttle driver back to come get me and another person. The driver seemed to not know he was supposed to pick us up. Which seemed strange since when I checked in I signed up and told them what time I was leaving. I am surprised that a hotel right next to the airport seemed to be so disorganized about the airport shuttle. The hotel was fine and I'd stay here again if I needed to, just double check about the shuttle, and maybe give yourself a little extra time just in case.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
HamptonSuitesDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

BSands12 -

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am sorry to hear about the mishap with the shuttle and your thermostat. Our team does have the ability to make further adjustments on the setting, just let us know should you stay with us again. Thank you for your patronage.

Kristen Robertson

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Hotel was in a very quiet area! grounds were kept great. The Breakfast was very plentiful and clean. My family and I felt very safe and at home. If you are traveling through the area this hotel is great. Very good rates.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2014

With our travels, we stay at many hotels, motels but this stay at the Hampton was the best ever. No kidding, it was extremely clean...lobby, elevator, our room, the pool...I mean everywhere. The people that worked there were very friendly and helpful. Professionalism at it's best! You will not have to worry about a thing...relax and have fun!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Had a layover at Dulles and selected this hotel because I am an awards member. Initially reviews were iffy but decided to gor for it despite negative reviews. I found the hotel to be out of the way but it was certainly clean and bed was comfortable. Great breakfast offerings - was a bit crowded at 6am because of Jehovah Witness convention at hotel but managed to get what i needed. Hotel provided transportation to and from local restuarants. All staff i encountered were very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again but hope I never have to under the circumstances of flight issues

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great experience. Hotel staff was courteous and friendly, very helpfull with local things to do and travel. Transportation was free to local airport and back for ease of travel to downtown. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Upon the recommendation of our travel agent we decided to stay at this property for our park and go trip out of Dulles and overnight stay when we returned.
On the day of our departure we quickly checked in at the front desk to park our car and was at Dulles within a half hour. Not bad.
Upon our return we called the front desk for the hotel transport and again within a half hour we were checking in at the front desk. Checking on our car we found it to be safe and sound as well.
Our room was nicely appointed, clean and very comfortable. After a long European vacation and flight all we wanted was to grab a light meal, have a glass of wine and go to sleep. The next exit North on RT 28 has a number of restaurants but we opted for Wegman’s Supermarket where we picked up some sandwiches, salads and a bottle of wine.

After a restful night we went downstairs for breakfast and found that the lobby renovation project was underway and the breakfast bar had been moved to a conference room. I think that the renovation project is going to go through the summer but you may want to check if that is important to you. The food area was very crowded as there were a number of bus groups converging on the area at the same time so delays and shortages were inevitable and you should prepare for this during the summer.
The front desk staff was very professional and customer service oriented as well.

All in all a nice, clean, comfortable, quiet hotel within a 15 minute drive to Dulles and a good value when comparing the parking fees at Dulles for an extended stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor facing Rt. 28 and the room was very quiet. There are rooms across the hall...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Sterling hotels
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!