“Great end to a frustrating day of travel” 5 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Great end to a frustrating day of travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

After a long day's travel that included the cancellation of a connecting flight out of Dulles, I unexpectedly needed to spend the night at a hotel near the airport. I was lucky enough to find an open room at the Hampton Inn & Suites. The hotel was what I have come to expect with this chain: clean and well appointed. What was really welcoming, though, were the friendly smiles from Jenny and Eduardo that met me from behind the registration desk. The exceptionally competent service that came along with the great attitude turned my mood right around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed at this property for one night. The prices are fair, the hotel looks well maintained and it's a nice location adjacent to Dulles. I don't stay at Hilton properties much as I stay mostly at Hyatt or SPG where I have their top tier status so perhaps this is just due to the fact that I wasn't an elite member. Otherwise, I'm not sure why I had the pleasure of dealing with such a rude person. I checked in at night and was greeted by a young girl in this manner: "Last name" Not hello, not welcome, Nothing but "last name". Now I do not work in the hospitality industry because I chose not go to school for that - if she had a problem, she should have left it in the back room. I was immediately put off by such a rude employee and I told her that I thought it was rude that she greeted me by "Last name". NO apologies - nothing. She just wanted to know which credit card to use for incidentals. I do not appreciate poorly trained high school students who are given way too much responsibility. Anyways - I went to the room and hoped to never see her again. The room is nice - it has al the comforts you expect - no complaints but as in other Hilton properties, the gap under the door bothers me. I know that it is in case of fire but it's such a large gap that you can hear people in the hallway talking - and I suppose people can hear you so the rooms are not private in this aspect. Many outlet plugs etc. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was nice - though it was crowded. When I checked out, surprise, the same rude girl was at the front desk. She checked me out and said something to the effect of "You're good to go" and nothing else. No have a nice day or anything. If the hotel fires or retrains this employee, then it will be a much better property. Hopefully, no one will have to experience such rude customer service as I did because other than her, it was a good value for the money spent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank citoyennea
HamptonSuitesDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Given our company’s commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. I am truly sorry for the experience. Your comments and suggestions will be taken seriously and addressed appropriately.
I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service and I regret that we couldn't resolve your concern while you were with us. We understand that you have many hotel choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I will reviewing the importance of being professional and courteous with my front desk team. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical. Please accept our sincere apologies and I promise to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest and experience the services your truly deserve. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything else you would like me to do.

Kristen Robertson
Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were able to check in early and received a very warm welcome. The room was outstanding! The location, near Dulles airport and Lindsay VW is th we main reason we chose this hotel. Breakfast was very good

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Accommodations were great.Staff, especially Cathy on the breakfast team, very helpful. Reasonable rates. New, modern facility with good amenities. Quality fitness equipment and nice indoor pool. Basic room but very clean and updated.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Just spent 2 nights here with a school trip of 75 students and adults. Wonderful accommodations, Staff exceeded expectations and solved any and all our needs on short notice. We had a chaperone take ill and the desk had an ambulance there in less than 5 minutes with a hospital 7 minutes away. They secured a room for her husband on his way down from NY for that night. Breakfast was always hot and ready when it was supposed to. Our students were quiet, security was excellent. Couldn't have been better. Good job!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

It is a good hotel at the real price. The business center is very appreciate. The breakfast is like american breakfast : no bread, no croissants ... Rooms are confortable and quiet. Lunch room is pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the night before I had an early flight out of Dulles and the location is great. There are plenty of gas stations nearby to fill up your rental car and it is very easy to get on the freeway to Dulles. It is not too close where you hear airplanes flying over all night either. Would definitely recommend especially since the facility and staff are great as well.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!