“Good, efficient and comfy, can improve the pick up service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good, efficient and comfy, can improve the pick up service”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Yes, this hotel is convenient, efficient and comfy.

++++ : located at 6 minutes by shuttle from IAD, check in is fast and efficient, staff is quick and nice. Rooms are very large and efficient, for business, you get a desk in the room. Special thanks for the great pillows, very very comfy.

++++ : There is a laundry room you can use for free in the hotel (which can be convenient if you stay one night so that you do not have to do laundry back home). The breakfast is more than correct, with plenty of choices, and quality of correct as well for a complimentary coffee. There is a nice business center. I did try the pool or the fitness center.

---- : pick up! There is no phone at the airport to call them and ask to be picked up at the airport. OK, everyone has a phone, right? I called them, and it took 30 minutes for the shuttle to get at the airport to pick us up. TOO LONG ! Especially when the hotel is located at 6 minutes (exact time) from the pick up area. All other shuttles were coming and leaving the pick up area at regular intervals, but not ours! It seems that hotels may have several shuttles whereas Hampton Inn has only one?

----- : no restaurant option in the hotel, you have to walk (which can be not a problem, but can be) for about 7 minutes to get a burger joint.

Overall, I recommend the place, this is a good comfy option.

Room Tip: Had a room on 4th floor which was great
Green Features: Excellent, part a a great eco initiative to recycle, use less, and reduce water and plastic consumption
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad that we were able to meet your expectations. It is so rewarding to know that we were able to satisfy all your needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the shuttle wait time, our hotel is 4.4 miles from the airport and it will take us at least 10 minutes one way. Sometimes the wait time is longer due to traffic. Our shuttle is constantly making trips back and forth from the airport so you might have missed the initial pick up and had to wait for it to return. However, we will make sure that we improve and keep on pushing for lesser wait time. I thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to see you soon.

Nick Shrestha
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn & Suites Dulles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in early August to celebrate his uncle's surprise 90th birthday party. We were pleasantly surprised by how new everything was; the carpet appeared to be recently laid, and the rooms, public areas, and hallways were fresh and sparkling.

We learned that the hotel is only about six years old. It is convenient to Dulles International Airport, Ashburn, and other northern VA towns,and shopping and restaurants at Dulles Town Center. It is also very close to many antique shops, wineries, and Tyson's Corner Mall. The location is excellent.

Because we stayed on a weekend, we had very reasonable rates. We had the choice of a king room with extra large whirlpool tub or a king suite with sofa bed and kitchenette (extra sink, microwave, and mini-fridge) for just $80 (AAA rate). We took the latter and were delighted with the spaciousness and quiet of the room and hallways. The pillowtop mattress was extremely comfortable!

Our only complaint was that while the pool (indoor) was usable, it was definitely not warm enough to be comfortable. I eventually got in, but my husband wasn't able to handle the chilly temperature. He headed to the hot tub only to learn that while the water was hot, the jets weren't working. We inquired and were told that they were awaiting a part. This was very frustrating, particularly given the temperature of the pool.

Otherwise we had a lovely stay. The breakfast offerings were better than most Hamptons (three hot choices instead of two) and the breakfast seating area was huge. And while we didn't use then, there is a great fitness room and good business center.

We'll certainly give this Hampton a second chance since we have family in the area, but we'll hope to find a warmer swimming pool and working hot tub.

Room Tip: Laundry facilities are on the second and fourth floors, but the fifth floor was very quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoveABeagle
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a late flight into Dulles and wanted to stay close to the airport after picking up my rental car. It was just a matter of minutes from the airport to this Hampton Inn and Suites. I was greeted by a very friendly person at check in (at midnight, no less). My room was spacious, clean, quiet and very comfortable. In fact, I wish I could have stayed here longer! My bed was extremely comfortable and I slept very well.
Breakfast was pretty typical for a Hampton Inn, a great variety of hot and cold items to choose from.
I know the next time I'm flying into Dulles late and leaving from Dulles early, this is the place that I'll be staying!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Spokane, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The beds were very comfortable and a wonderful selection at breakfast. The staff was helpful and the hotel had a shuttle to the mall and restaurants each evening and we were also able to take a hotel shuttle to the space museum. There is a 24-hour shuttle to the airport as well. We were very satisfied with the value at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Savannah, GA
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We spent 3 nights here while visiting the Washington DC area. The hotel is very nice and the rooms were spacious. The beds and pillows were very, very comfortable. All of the staff was very friendly and pleasant. The free breakfast was much better than the free breakfast at most hotels. There were several hot items and plenty of fresh fruit. They have a waffle maker and there was oatmeal also. They have coffee and hot chocolate all day long. The wifi worked very well and had a strong signal. The pool and hot tub were a little small but they were never full. We really looked forward to getting back to the hotel after a day of walking around DC. Whenever we are in the area we will certainly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I normally do not stay in any Hampton hotels because of bad prior experiences. However, my boss booked this hotel for our training. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. The room/suite was spacious, comfortable and clean. The pillows were VERY comfy. I asked for more (because I am expecting) and they didn't hesitate to get what I needed. The complimentary breakfast was an added bonus. I will definitely stay in THIS one again and possibly try others as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Longmeadow, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Friendly staff. The driver took me from Dulles to the hotel then drove me over to McDonalds since it was so late there was nothing else open. When I checked in the desk clerk was very friendly and upgraded my room as well as arranging late check out. The room was immaculate and spacious, quiet and well appointed. The furnishings were nearly new. The internet was trouble-free and fast. The breakfast was standard fair but hot and plentiful. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!