Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewspool and hot tubcomplimentary breakfastnice hotelshuttle servicegreat roomthe breakfast areagreat place to stayexercise roomnice breakfastoatmealdesk clerkwould stay here againclean roomsfitness centerwashington dullesbusiness tripexcellent stay
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying here twice due to flights through Dulles. On both occasions, the amenities and customer service were superb. The rooms were spacious, clean, well-maintained, and well-equipped. The complimentary breakfast was well done and the breakfast room space more than sufficient for the guests. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. On our second visit when I asked about the possibility of a room with a refrigerator for some perishable items, the desk clerk upgraded us to a suite at the same room rate. While the location is a bit far from downtown DC, it is perfect for Dulles flights. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I can't really add much to the other reviews except to add that there are many, many touring groups that pass through here on a daily basis. In the mornings, they are waiting to board their buses and really clog up the breakfast area with their suitcases so it's easier just to carry food back to your room because there's no seats. I've never had a problem with the food running out, but if you're leary of crowds in the morning this isn't the place to go.

Also, the maids are very busy cleaning the rooms for the people coming in and out, so if you're staying there for longer than one day don't expect your room to be cleaned. After 2 days of no cleaning, I requested a time and was rudely told by the desk clerk, 'we'll get to you when we get to you.' They didn't get to me that day either.

For some reason our key would stop working at least once a day and we'd have to go down for a new one (usually waiting for others to be checked in first.) Internet was very spotty, sometimes good but never available in the evenings.

On the plus side the laundry is free.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chollmann
FrankOhara, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Hello chollmann,

I would like apologize for the experience you had while staying with us at Hampton Inn and Suites Dulles. We strive ourselves on customer service and making sure that all of our guests leave satisfied. I sincerely apologize for the team member’s reaction when you asked for your room to be cleaned. I can assure you this is not the type of service the hotel provides and this is unacceptable.

You are correct that we do get many tour groups in the summer season and sometimes our breakfast area does get a little busy. We usually set aside a meeting room for our tour groups where they can have breakfast and this way it avoids the high volume traffic in the breakfast area. On days that all of our meeting rooms are occupied, we are unable to set aside the extra room for tour groups. Our Breakfast team works hard to ensure food is refilled quickly and tables in the breakfast area are cleaned as quickly as possible.

Hampton stands behind our 100% Hampton Guest Satisfaction Guarantee and we would be more than happy to apply this to your stay. Please contact the hotel directly and we can take care of this for you. Again, I am very sorry about your experience and I hope that next time you are in the area you will give us another try.

Kristen Robertson
General Manager Hampton Inn and Suites Dulles

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our family suffered an extended power outage in July 2012 and I had the foresight to reserve a room right after the power failure for a couple of nights. By 10AM the next morning, you couldn't buy a hotel room in metro DC due to over a million homes being without power. When we checked in at the appointed time, the desk was understandably a madhouse and we had to wait about 45 minutes to get our room. Once in the room, it was typical late-model Hampton decor, tastefully done and comfortable (2 queens). The only negative we experienced during our stay was the lack of cooling in our room. We were never able to get the room lower than 75F and it was most uncomfortable sleeping at night. However, it sure beat 90F in our powerless home. I brought this to the attention of the front desk three separate times and they said they would take care of it but nothing was ever addressed. I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member and spend 60-80 nights a year, almost exclusively at Hilton properties. Given the helter skelter nature of the three nights we spent at this Hampton, I understand the problems of keeping up with every crisis that presents itself to the hotel staff. However, I would think that I would've received some type of update as to the cooling problem. After the third night with little sleep due to the warm room, we checked out and moved to a Doubletree up the road a piece.

Overall, a nice Hampton but the customer service could use some polishing. Also, very close to Washington-Dulles airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We loved this hotel! Very well-kept. Very clean. Breakfast hot & tasty & kept well-stocked by cheerful people. Only small problems: the internet connection in our room was broken, but they would have moved us had we asked; the pool was kept at 85 degrees & was too cold to swim in comfortably; wish our room could have gotten a little cooler, but we were there during a heat wave. Wasn't bad - just a degree or two too warm for my taste.

We could have stayed in a Marriott for the same price but it wouldn't have had any breakfast unless you purchased it.

Our room was clean & cleaned well every day. We were there a week. Breakfast menu changed some & there was lots of variety. We had several people & everyone was happy with the breakfast every day. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bethanypaigeathome
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Being new to planning larger events, I found plenty of assistance through HotelPlanner.com. The ease of the site, the constant attention to details, the prices we were able to negotiate were beyond excellent!
The Hampton staff were amazing, attentive to our varied needs and became personal friends!
Over 30 rooms were booked with 45+ total. We had an amazing time. The facility was clean, accommodating, classy, with a friendly atmosphere! The shuttles were readily available.
Not a single complaint, WOW! Everyone was impressed and satisfied!

Room Tip: Most of us choose the King Suites and were very pleased.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends