“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: Burmese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Dropped by for lunch. We ordered fish cake salad which was excellent. For entrees we ordered fish curry and green shrimp curry and both were excellent.

Hats off to the cook.

1  Thank SpaLady8

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am originally from Burma, so stating that it is hard to find someone that can duplicate my Mom's cooking, well they are pretty spot on and food is authentic in flavor.

I know the family that runs this restaurant and very pleased with all they have accomplished.

First off the restaurant is clean and decorated very well. The have a shrimp appetizer that is absolutely delicious.

The curries are well made and flavorful. The only negative I would have to bring to the table is the portions are a bit on the small side for the prices they charge. If they could just increase the portions then that would be worth the money going to eat here.

If you have never tried Burmese food I would highly recommend this place. It is definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank Thiri E
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We loved each and every item we ordered (7 items between 3 of us) ! We have been fans of Burmese food ( especially their balachao or dried shrimp mix ) since our teen years. This restuarant (which I recently discovered) did not disappoint . The fish soup needed a bit more kick with more dried shrimp powder and salt but everything else was great. Loved the papaya salad and tapioca coconut dessert. The place was clean. The decor is simple with the requisite amount of real Burmese ( not Chinese or Thai) wall hangings and decorative pieces. The cook ( who is probably also the owner) was very attentive to the guests : she was constantly back and forth between the kitchen and dining area , enquiring after the guests and stopping to chat . We will definitely go back !!!

1  Thank ainjibi
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Was in Dulles area for a week. Restaurant was a little hard to find (hint: it's close to 7-11) but glad I persevered. Be sure to ask for mild unless you like really spicy! Excellent vegetarian options.

1  Thank Traveling4Circus
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I visited DC and was not familiar with this type of food. It was overwhelming to the taste-buds!

1  Thank Shirley S