I booked a room at Hotel Sierra for my 65 year old mother while she was traveling from Europe to Denver, via Washington Dulles. Her flight to Denver was cancelled due to the snow storm in Washington, DC, and she had nowhere to go in the middle of the night, after 24 hours of traveling. While all of the hotels in the vicinity of the airport claimed to be fully booked, I came across an available room on hotles.com website and booked it. It was hard to believe, that there would be a room available, and when I tried to contact Hotel Sierra directly, my phone calls did not go through - it turned out the phones were out of order that night. My mother took the shuttle to the hotel, and learnt upon arrival, that there was no rooms, and her reservation went through due to system error. There were about 80 rooms sold that night but hotels.com and expedia.com, that the hotel did not have. Here is where it gets very impressive: hotel employees were very friendly and helpful, and did not turn anyone away. They were offering pillows and blankets, and opening conference rooms for people to stay overnight while waiting for the airport to open. There was also breakfast offered in the morning. My mother ended up getting a room later that night, where she could rest before continuing her journey. She was very happy with her room, breakfast, and check out. This was the first time I heard about Hotel Sierra - due to computer error! - but if I ever travel to a city where there is one, I will make sure to check it out myself. I am very grateful to the hotel employees for taking such good care of my mom, who does not speak much English and was very tired at the time. While there are other choices to stay in the vicinity of Washington Dulles airport, I recommend Hotel Sierra for its outstanding customer service on a snowy, stormy night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington-Dulles Hotel Sierra delivers a fresh take on modern day travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 162 guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or alfresco patio with fire pit and lounge seating. Conveniently located in the Technology Corridor just 2 miles north of Dulles International Airport off Route 28. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Washington Dulles Hotel
- Sierra Washington Dulles Sterling