All reviewsomelet stationmade to order omeletsdulles airportomelet barfull kitchenbasketball courtstudio suitepotatoesoutdoor poolfree breakfastshower headsofa bedwould definitely stay here againrooms are largesmall kitchenfrench toastdc area
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This hotel had every amenity we could ask for, and then some. We were there the same weekend as a really large kid's sports group and were worried that might affect the service, but that was not the case at all. The kids on our floor kept us up with their screaming in the halls at midnight, (the chaperone's fault, not the hotel's), but when they finally got in their rooms we heard nothing through the walls. Because of the large group the free breakfast was PACKED, but the staff kept on top of things and put food out immediately as it was needed. The breakfast was so good it was hard to believe that it was free -- omelettes, potatoes, scrambled eggs, sausage...anything you could want was there.

They wound up upgrading us to a king suite upon check-in, and the room was great. Clean, comfortable, really nice HDTV with all the cable channels, and a kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator. We LOVED the free internet in the room too! The fitness center was bigger than similarly priced hotels and had new equipment that worked well. The pool looked nice, but unfortunately we didn't have time to try it.

We are in the northern Virginia area a lot, and plan to stay at this hotel every time we come back from now on. In fact, I'm getting ready to book a stay there in September now! I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to everyone I know who needs a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
HSDullesGeneralMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to read you had a wonderful experience at Hotel Sierra. Thank you for taking the time to post you review and we look forward to seeing you in September!

Reviewed August 1, 2010

The hotel was recommended by the softabll association sponsoring a national girls softball tournament. While the accommodations were very nice and the breakfast buffet terrific. The hotel management and staff have no concept of guest hospitality. We started our visit with a full page of fine print "rules" applicable to our group. The staff was rude and management cared little about our groups comfort and satisfaction with the service. All staff should be reminded the guests are what makes the hotel thrive. Not the arrogance of the management and staff. Business travelers would be fine in this hotel as long as they do not need the services of the staff.

One bright star was the bartender (Jess) who serviced our entire group of 60+ with a smile and pleasant conversation.

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank naturesartist
HSDullesGeneralMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience.  I do apologize that you feel your group was not treated fairly. I have reviewed your comments with my leadership team and we are all in agreement that our policies will remain in effect.  We work very hard to create a relaxing and safe atmosphere that all our guests should be able to enjoy with minimal disruption. Our guidelines are fair and reasonable and they are in place for everyone. We want to ensure that every guest gets the opportunity to relax and enjoy our hotel and the service that we know how to deliver and it’s our goal to maintain that.

Thank you for the kind comments about the employee you appreciated during your stay. We are pleased some of the staff delivered on your expectations.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel during our 5 night vacation in the D. C. area. We stayed July 12th-16th. We booked a room for $129.00 a night that was a steal with 2 queens, sofabed and kitchen with cooktop, full size fridge, dishes and dishwasher! We loved the hot buffet breakfast with fresh fruit, eggs, potatoes( I didn't eat because of the peppers in it), either pancakes, french toast or waffles(every other day), either sausage or bacon(every other day), lunch meats, toast, muffins, bagels and cheese or granola. They have Starbucks coffee for those that like coffee. One thing I did notice is that they did not have this large spread on the saturday we left. They only had eggs, breads and either sausage or bacon. Breakfast was great! This hotel is located very close to the Dulles airport and about 20-25 min from the nearest Metrorail station that we took to downtown D.C. It is a good hour to hour and fifteen to reach downtown D. C. from the time we left our hotel. That might be too much for some, but we didn't mind it. Parking at the train station was 4.50 all day and I suggest you get there before 830 am to park in the deck. It costs 5.00 one way to D. C. You can also take the train to Arlington, Va to see the Arlington Cemetary or the Pentagon. The beds here were very comfortable and everything was very trendy and clean. The pool is a little small for a hotel this size. There is free parking, a business center with free internet which you can also access in your room if you brought you lap top. The staff is great and friendly. We had a squeaky bathroom door and it was fixed the day we asked. Our time there was carefree and relaxing after a long day walking in D. C.! I will recommend this to everyone that is going to D. C. and look forward to a time when we will return!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
HSDullesGeneralMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your time at Hotel Sierra. I am so pleased you enjoyed the breakfast, comfortable beds and the amenities offered in the room. The hotel is close enough to enjoy DC without the staying downtown. Thank you for recommending Hotel Sierra and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

This hotel is very clean. The complimentary breakfast is excellent. I absolutely love this hotel, BUT what is the deal with the incidental fees? I have stayed at another Sierra Hotel in Fishkill, NY and they DID NOT charge any incidental fees. This incidental fee came to me as a surprise when I checked in. I had placed my reservation online and had already paid for my stay. While checking in I was asked for a credit card to hold a $50 incidental fee. I was taken back by this. This incidental fee was not mentioned during my reservation, nor when I called the hotel to confirm my reservation before I arrived. If you already have my credit card information on file why would you have to put a hold of $50 on my card, not to mention it will take 3 to 5 business days for the hotel to release my $50 after my check out. Why is this incidental fee not consistant will all Hotel Sierra's?

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Monica B, Front Office Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Dear Guest,

Reviewed July 16, 2010

Family of 4 with two teen boys stayed 3 nights to visit DC area and Northern VA. Breakfast great, beds comfortable, clean big rooms, Frig. microwave, nice TV, free WiFi, easy access to major roads. Staff nice. I was Very pleased!! Pool was a little small, and if their delicious coffee was available in the lobby at al times and not just the AM it would be perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
HSDullesGeneralMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so glad you and your family had a great stay at Hotel Sierra and we hope to see you again.
In hospitality, Michael Gouzie, General Manager