As soon as you walk into the hotel, it smells like aromatherapy...fresh and clean. The ambiance is inviting and the colors are very warm. We stayed for my husband's birthday and HE was the one that noticed all the small details. We had the Winter Hideaway package and the woman at the front desk greeted us with a smile and promptly checked us in. If you leave your business card, they will make a luggage tag for you. When we arrived in our room, it was absolutely beautiful! We had a king suite with a separate living area and kitchen. The music was playing softly on the IPOD docking station...I called the previous week to see if they could leave the goodies that came with the package in our room. So I don't know if everyone gets to have music playing when they arrive or not, but it was just the right touch to start our weekend. It made us feel very special. The package included free ice skating a Reston Town Ctr., a Starbucks gift card, a discount for their cafe, hot chocolate, etc. The bed was extremely comfortable and cozy. Again, the color theme is repeated throughout...taupe, chocolate browns with green accents.
For breakfast, there were made to order omlets and bacon or sausage; an assortment of bread, muffins, cereal, and fruit. We had french toast one day out of our 4 day stay. We wished that would have been a choice on the others days; or possibly french toast sticks or pancakes. When we had the sliced bread, it was hard before we even toasted it, as if it had taken out from the previous day. The Starbuck's coffee is a nice touch and there was also Tazo tea, orange juice, and water. The staff has the TV on in the bar area, however, it was mostly on MTV in the morning. I would recommend a "neutral" channel, as some of the videos that were shown were offensive when you're facing that direction.
There are four computers in the business center which is open 24 hours with room key access. Get the basketballs from the front desk to use on the outdoor basketball court. There are 3 treadmills and 2 eliptical machines along with free weights in the exercise room. Only 1 out of the 3 treadmills was working. It was not an issue since no one else was in there at the time.
Overall, we had a wonderful experience at Hotel Sierra and would definitely return to this location. It is centrally located to most area malls, restaurants, movies, etc. It is not within walking distance to any restaurants, other than Burger King across the road, so you do need a car. Each night, we looked forward to "coming home" to the hotel because it truly was our home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington-Dulles Hotel Sierra delivers a fresh take on modern day travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 162 guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or alfresco patio with fire pit and lounge seating. Conveniently located in the Technology Corridor just 2 miles north of Dulles International Airport off Route 28. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Washington Dulles Hotel
- Sierra Washington Dulles Sterling