“Perfect hotel for a family of 5”

HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place for a family with 3 children or if you want the extra room. The 2 queen kitchen suite was perfect for our needs with the fold out bed & we still had plenty of room to move around. When the metro Silver Line rail is completed to Dulles, this will be a great place for visiting DC.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank RopeR88
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Greetings! We appreciate the positive feedback and we are delighted to hear that you found our rooms spacious enough for your family.

We are as anxious as you are to get the Silver line metro completed! We look forward to your return and please let me know if I can assist you now or in the near future.

Thank you for choosing us!

Safe travels,

There are newer reviews for HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Reviewed April 8, 2013

we stayed there for two nights last week>>>really it is an excellent, clean and modern place to stay.
The rooms are big and comfortable with clean wide bathroom. The staff are friendly and helpful.
The breakfast is great with different dishes suitable for kids also

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sura r
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We appreciate the positive feedback. It is great to hear that you had an excellent stay. My team will be delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations.

We all look forward to your return in the near future!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here one night on business trip. The big plus points for this place are the price and the standard of room for the money, I had a suite which was a good size and really very nice. The downsides are there is nothing nearby, there is small bar but not really what you'd call a restaurant, so there's nothing much to do but sit in the room. Ok for a quick business trip as it is close to the airport, but, that's about it.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback!

We are happy to hear that you found our rooms nice and spacious. I am also very disappointed to learn that we failed to exceed your expectations in our menu variety and location. Please know that we do have 'daily specials' we offer in addition to our regular menu. We also shuttle our guests within the 3- mile radius (based on availability).

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything during your next visit to the area. Once again, we appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel was really solid, nothing really to complain about, but nothing particularly great either. Rooms were very clean, fairly large, the only complaint was that the bathroom had very thin walls so you could hear everything. Wifi was sufficiently fast. Breakfast was okay. Pillows were terrible. Stay was really cheap though so no complaints there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments because we value all of our guest feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your quick stay and we will look into and address your concerns.

King regards,
GM

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our stay at this Hyatt was simply okay. We arrived late at night at the staff was friendly, but the room was not the as comfortable as I would’ve expected. Our bed was hard and the pillows went immediately flat. The walls were so thin they may as well have been made of paper; if ever you’ve wanted to listen to your partner use the bathroom in the middle of the night, this is your chance.

Breakfast was likewise a bit of a let down. The standard buffet featured all the expected foods and one idem that took us by surprise: coffee so undrinkably thick we could’ve used it to repair potholes in the parking lot.

In all, our stay here was alright—especially after we’d stopped at the Dunkin Donuts down the street.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback! We use all feedback, both positive and negative, to evaluate our products and services daily. I do apologize that we failed to meet your room and coffee expectations or the standard we have set. Your comments have been shared with our Corporate office for review.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

GM

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had never stayed at a hotel with the level of customer service and friendliness this hotel has, except maybe for the Ritz Carlton and you pay for that if you know what I mean. The breakfast is incredible a buffet style but my favorite was the omelet station witch prepares an omelet the way you want the omelet lady even brought it to my table, wow ! the staff is great everyone is friendly, from the moment I check in the young lady welcome me and share information about the hotel she really made me feel welcomed, the gentleman that attends the bar was very friendly, I was very impressed to see the hotel manager Ms. Domingo during breakfast speaking to guest and asking how was everything, after noticing this I was not surprised why the staff was so friendly, they have a great example. It was my first time at a Hyatt house but if they are all like this one it will definitely be my first choice everywhere I go.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank VirginiaSonia
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for the kind words! My Team and I take pride in what we do to ensure that all of our guests feel at home. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service and accommodations, especially our breakfast buffet.

Next time you're in the area, please make sure to come and stay with us again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Hyatt house near Sterling/Dulles. This hotel was a nice find. We had a nice room at a reasonable price. The view from our room was pretty good as well. My boys liked watching the planes fly by and they also liked watching all the cars passing by on the highway. The hotel was very clean. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very good. The hotel had a wide selection of food and beverages for breakfast. We will stay here again when we visit the area!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

We appreciate the positive feedback! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Pam Domingo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades

Been to HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!