My husband and I have been staying here on and off for the past 6 years. We were initially worried that when Hotel Sierra ( what this hotel was formally called) was bought by Hyatt, it would go down in quality. It did not. This place stayed the exact same, and that is a good thing! If you are looking for a family friendly, budget friendly place to stay while visiting DC, this is it! Like many others said, you can always catch the shuffle service to the Dulle AIrport and then into Downtown DC to save on time and gas ( Lord knows how hard it is to find parking in the National Mall area). Or, the short trip it take to get to DC isn't bad either. Now, the hotel itself offers free parking. Which is a bonus. We usually get our rates online ( they are much cheaper than in person) through the Hyatt website, We have stayed in the bedroom king, double queen room, and the king studio. We truly love the bedroom with the double doors leading to the bedroom. All rooms come with a pull out sectional sleeper couch, which is always nice. The hotel itself if very modern and trendy ( non of that 60's-70's look, which is rampant in hotels). The customer service is always friendly and gets you in and out very efficiently and quickly. The buisness room is nicely done with computers, notepads and pens for your use. The concierge area is amazing, they have everything you need if you ever forget anything. The fire pit is amazing and so relaxing after a day's drive. We usually bring our camping sticks and a couple marshmellows :) The pool, in the season it is open is always clean and the cabanas are nice. The public bathrooms are always clean and smell amazingly fresh. In the winter, the front lobby area has a fireplace to warm you while you wait or read the free paper. There is free ice from the icemakers ( some places charge for ice). The rooms are quite. We have never heard anything from our "neighbors" so that's a nice touch. The rooms are nice and clean. The kitchen area ( which is amazing for people who are staying longer than a day and/or have kids to feed) has everything you could need to cook or prepare food ( even a dishwasher!). The fridge always has a nice pitcher to fill with water and turn on the ice maker. There is a little desk area with a wide, comfortable chair to do anything you might need ( check emails, look up hours of attractions, ect.). They now have a nifty thing where you can print from your laptop to the printer in the buisness area on the main floor. Perfect for buying tickets to the smithsonian! The beds are nicely firm but soft, with ample pillows and blanket options ( always having more in the closets). They have a nice closet space. The bathrooms are always clean and well stocked with the supplies they offer, and you can always call the desk for lil things you forgot. The swivel flat screen tv with alot of cable channels is always a plus. The windows open ( to a degree) for fresh air or even to get a cool breeze in on nice weather nights. We love the alarm clocks. They have ipod docks and soothing sounds. The workout area is always smelling clean and always well stocked with water for you, and towels.The breakfast buffet is amazing, there is something for everyone, including drinks! They now have a bar/food menu to order from in the evenings, and while some of it tastes microwaved, it helps when you dont want to go back out for the night. In short, this place is amazing. Every thing you could possibly think of, they have done. The rates have stayed the same, and the service and quality hasn't changed in years. Book here and you will not be sorry. And if you're like us, you'll look for reasons to stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington-Dulles Hotel Sierra delivers a fresh take on modern day travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 162 guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or alfresco patio with fire pit and lounge seating. Conveniently located in the Technology Corridor just 2 miles north of Dulles International Airport off Route 28. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Washington Dulles Hotel
- Sierra Washington Dulles Sterling