HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
$78
$68
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$66
$62
SuburbanHotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling(Sterling)(Great Value!)
$64
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

$76
Country Inn
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

$87
$79
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$99
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$67
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

$89
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$108
$99
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

Best Western Dulles Airport Inn(Sterling)(Great Value!)
$71
$67
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

All reviewsomelet stationmade to order omeletsdulles airportomelette barfull kitchenbasketball courtstudio suitepotatoesoutdoor poolfree breakfastshower headwould definitely stay here againrooms are largedc areasmall kitchenliving areabeds were comfortable
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This property and room was amazing. The staff was extremely friendly, breakfast was delicious, the room was far beyond that of any extended stay I have ever been in. If you were to talk into this room, you would assume you were in a 5 star hotel. For the price, this is by far the best you can get in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

We appreciate your kind words and thank you for your positive feedback. MyTeam members and I take pride in ensuring that we not only meet our guest's expectations but exceed them. I will will certainly share your comments with them.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. You can always count on us!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you like Hyatt House, this location is very good. Staff is very helpful, rooms are well sized and comfortable. I stayed here during Hurricane Sandy and we didn't get much of the weather, but they were prepared in case. I had a full suite, which gives you extra space. The Internet access was fast enough. The only downside was that the work desk in the room that I had was too high to be comfortable. A smaller room probably would have suited my work needs better. The other problem is the A/C turns off after 15 minutes when you go to sleep. Normally this would stop me from coming here again, but I did find a workaround.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent stay in the Dulles area. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and services. We are very fortunate that hurricane Sandy did not affect our area as badly as other areas. We also apologize that you had some challenges with our work desk and A/C unit. My Chief Engiineer will look into this matter.

Your comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

During Hurricane Sandy my flight out of Washington Dulles was cancelled, and I needed a quick place to stay the evening. I went to Hotwire's website and found a 3.5 star hotel in the Sterling area, which turned out to be the Hyatt House. I thought I was getting an excellent deal as it was only $86 a night, and I had stayed at Hyatt Houses previously and was always satisfied.

The room at this Hyatt House was a bit disappointing because it was just a standard double bed room, not the normal suite that Hyatt House provides. However, I realized since I booked on Hotwire the room quality may be lower so I did not complain.

I had arrived at the hotel around noon, and was able to immediately check in. My parents had dropped me at the hotel and were departing to return to Pennsylvania. The hotel staff noted this as they saw them help me carry my belongings to my room and then depart the hotel.

Approximately one hour later I received a phone call from the front desk saying that Hotwire had called and said that my reservation was cancelled due to a fraudulent credit card. The hotel manager apologized, but said I could remain at the hotel, but I would now need to pay $159 for the evening plus tax (approximately $175). This was over double what I had paid on Hotwire. I immediately called Hotwire and after speaking to 3 representatives, they could not explain to me why the reservation was cancelled. While I understand that Hotwire often causes these types of the problems, the hotel staff did not provide much assistance other than saying that I would have to pay an additional $90 for the night's stay. They were clearly only concerned about their money even as the hurricane's winds and rain picked up.

Clearly being frustrated with their service, I went online and found the Comfort Suites next door offering larger rooms with the same amenities for only $107 a night. I immediately switched hotels and was much more satisfied.

At the same time as I was talking to the hotel manager I saw another woman attempting to check in to the hotel and being told that her room rate was no longer being honored and she would have to pay more. It was quite evident to me that they were price gauging due to the storm. I felt this was quite unfortunate, and I would not recommend staying there based on these experiences.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kbenn123
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your most recent stay. Your comments are truly appreciated.

I apologize that your experience with us was anything less than satisfying with regards to your rate. It is unfortunate that Priceline made an error and we weren't able to accommodate you due to our high occupancy. We also had guests unable to leave due to the hurricane. Our rates are set in advance and our concern during that period was to provide safety and accommodations to our arriving and in-house guests.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, we apologize that you were inconvenienced and hope to see you during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

WE had a great stay, we were there for 5 nights.It had a big kitchen, with a full size fridge, mini dishwasher, and microwave. There were pots and pans silverware, dishes. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was amazing, lots of options. The fitness room was great. we did use the laundry room. it was $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry. THe beds were comfy. We had a king size bed and a pull out sofa bed. We had a great stay! it has a pool and spa but was closed for the season.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CrAzYfUnFaMiLy247
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your great recommendations! We appreciate you taking the time off your busy schedule to give us your feedback in TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us.

We hope to see you and your family again and we thank you for staying with us!

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located next to the Washington Dulles Airport. It is a suite style w/kitchenette. The room decor is elegant for a woman and masculine for a man. It is quiet, serene and peaceful. This hotel is extremely clean. The staff is professional, accommodating and extremely pleasant. The Hyatt House blows away all the competition in the area. I can strongly say that because I am an airline employee who has stayed in most major hotels in the area. This was my first stay at a Hyatt House and I was extremely impressed!!

Room Tip: The handicap room w/shower was my preference.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ruserene
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and we are extremely delighted that we have exceeded your expectations on your first visit. My Team and I take pride and enjoy providing our guests with a clean hotel, excellent accommodations and exceptional service.

We are looking forward to seeing you again next time you're in the Dulles area.

Safe travels,